ISO-Next installation problem

Etcher same problem

Then it’s a bad download. I have used etcher on Windows and never ever had a problem. But, I have fast internet on Fibre Optic line. On linux i also used to use Etcher same thing. But i switched and now use popsicle-git on linux. I create a lot of live usb and no issues.

1 Like

I will tonight if no one else has.

3 Likes

just tried it with the new EOS iso, it boots into the system. this tool is soo cool. Finally I can boot all my distros on this large 30Gb thumbdrive, instead of using just a couple of Gb with one iso.

2 Likes

how do you create an UEFI bootable usb with etcher?

Are you using etcher on Windows?

It’s a 3 step process.

1 Like

Yeah nothing new. I gave up. I never had any problems with creating bootable usb stick before. Even previous versions of Endeavouros. But this ISO super weird for me. I cant even post logs because it doesnt show me logs. I downloaded almost from every mirror. I tried etcher in windows no luck, popsicle in linux , dd in linux. Nope. Resetted my bios. Nope. Tried different usb ports. Nope. But thank you guys for your answers.

Did you check that your download of the ISO was correct - with the sha512sum file? If the ISO file is messed up, it won’t matter what you write it with!

2 Likes

inxi -Faz --no-host | eos-sendlog

Edit:
Would really like to see the hardware info here.

If I missed it, excuse me. Did you try a different usb thumb drive? You mentioned a lot of different attempts and methods, but if the one thumb drive you are using is going bad, that could be the culprit.

Never mind, I missed that you tried three different thumb drives. My bad. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is really the only option left. There’s no way 3 different programs and 3 different USBs ALL failed randomly at exactly the same time. It’s nearly a zero statical possibility. It’s gotta be a bad download.