Is this normal?

Have you checked if there is a Bios update? There should be as this is an 11 gen cpu so it’s not that old.

There is an update to the BIOS but it is in a windows executable format. If I try to go to the site’s directory that housed the installer it is saying that I am forbidden from accessing it. Is there any way of installing a windows executable without using WINE?

I don’t know the model of your laptop. I’m not familiar with the process to update it from Linux. I usually always do mine from the UEFI settings screen. It should have the ability to do that. You should be able to download the updated file and extract it and then copy it to a usb and boot to UEFI and update it. If you give me the model i could look at the site and check. Otherwise you can use fwupd on linux but i have never used it.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/fwupd

Upgrade to the 5.19.9 kernel released today and see if you still get the same messages. I had some CPU error messages being thrown for my APU/MB combo (AMD not Intel) that seemed to be introduced with 5.19.8 and which are now resolved with 5.19.9 … it can’t hurt to try.

There is a Bios update F.21 Rev A
It looks like they only have the Windows exe. file
I would suggest updating it if you could. I think it would be helpful possibly.

If you can’t update from UEFI you could use hiren’s boot cd It basically is a bootable windows iso. I used it once for updating my bios.

1 Like

Well, I am unable to update the BIOS so, I will wait until another release of the kernel is able to fix it. Thank you for your help @joekamprad @ricklinux @anon13373109 @MrToddarama

1 Like