Ah, okay. Thanx Dalto. So for now, either works for me!
My case can be interesting for other people who also set up their Nvidia Card before the new tool was published.
Ah, okay. Thanx Dalto. So for now, either works for me!
My case can be interesting for other people who also set up their Nvidia Card before the new tool was published.
Just a quick question: I did a fresh install of EOS using the Titan-Nova ISO just a few days ago (using the amdgpu driver for an RX 580), but now sudo eos-hwtool --install-recommended wants to install a handful of 32-bit driver packages. I can’t think of any reason why I would need them (no Steam, no games). eos-hwtool --check reported to me Missing packages for profile amd_amdgpu: lib32-mesa lib32-vulkan-radeon Honestly, I’m glad to be rid of that 32-bit mess. Should I install these packages anyway?
No, it is mostly only certain games that need that. You can pass --no32 to ignore 32-bit packages.
In the installer, we don’t install the 32-bit packages.
Just as a recommendation, if all the eos-hwtooldoes is to identify the GPU and installs the correct drivers, it might be better to rename it to eos-gputool instead? Everything with a hw prefix might be misinterpreted as an implementation of the popular hwinfo which is not only available on Windows / DOS… but also the implementation from OpenSuse which is available within the extra repositories of Arch.
It is called eos-hwtool because I intended to extend it to support other types of hardware as well in the future.
Also, it already does more than just gpu drivers as it also install virtualization support.