Internet don't work

What is windscribe helper? Is it a service or package?

Edit: Disable the service if it’s uninstalled.

it’s a service
I disabled the service but windscribe don’t work.
I tried two times uninstall and reinstall windscribe, everytime after install internet doesn’t work.
at third time reinstalling, now internet works much better.

So internet is working? What about the vpn? Is working and installed or you mean after 3rd time of installing and uninstalling Internet is working?

internet is working.
vpn is installed but I’m not sure it will work because of heavy/hard censorship here, even vpns can’t connect!!
but it seems to work fine
as internet is working and another vpn is connected, I think windscribe will work fine. if it can connect to real internet.

Well i have no way of knowing whether it works from here. I just know you have internet.

2 Likes

The question is valid. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, now everything is fine and dandy. After that, you have to leave the system as it is, because there is a saying that mainly applies to software updates, but it may also be true in other cases, that you don’t have to touch what works.

1 Like

smjt2000,

I had a similar experience with NordVPN.

I disconnected and logged out from NordVPN, then found that I could not connect to the internet via Firefox.

I had simply forgotten to disable the killswitch which operates inside AND outside the VPN.

In Windscribe they have a similar item called simply “Firewall”.

If Firewall is still ON, you will not be able to access the internet outside of the VPN.

NB Also remember to disable WebRTC in your browser, otherwise your IP address will still be visible!

Disable WebRTC:

To check for any leaks, test your VPN etc here:

1 Like