Intel CPU turbo gets disabled when nvidia GPU reaches 60 degrees

System Information:
Lenovo l340 gaming
Intel i5-9300H
nvidia GTX 1650

+---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| NVIDIA-SMI 545.29.06              Driver Version: 545.29.06    CUDA Version: 12.3     |
|-----------------------------------------+----------------------+----------------------+
| GPU  Name                 Persistence-M | Bus-Id        Disp.A | Volatile Uncorr. ECC |
| Fan  Temp   Perf          Pwr:Usage/Cap |         Memory-Usage | GPU-Util  Compute M. |
|                                         |                      |               MIG M. |
|=========================================+======================+======================|
|   0  NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650        Off | 00000000:01:00.0  On |                  N/A |
| N/A   45C    P8               2W /  50W |    512MiB /  4096MiB |      5%      Default |
|                                         |                      |                  N/A |
+-----------------------------------------+----------------------+----------------------+

When GPU is stressed and reaches 60 degrees the turbo on CPU gets disabled. (ie. mhz drop down to 2400), when the GPU temp falls down to 55 ish the turbo gets reenabled.

I can recreate this behaviour by running a game, and then watching /sys/devices/system/cpu/intel_pstate/no_turbo change from 0 to 1 the moment GPU temps reach 60. In that state I am unable to force the value to 0, getting permission denied (it works when GPU is on low temps).

CPU has no issue running at turbo speeds (even if throttling), and under the no turbo restriction it struggles to reach above 85C, so I know it is a GPU/BIOS related issue.

The issue never appeared on windows. Even with overclocked memory and clock speeds, the gpu would run on 60+ and cpu worked without issues.

I tried disabling BD PROCHOT by setting msr 0x1FC to ‘0’ or ‘2’ (or really any other value i could find on the web).

Is there any known cause for this? There are no options in bios for nvidia or throttling, I tried using grep on xorg and nvidia config files for ‘55’ ‘60’ but that didnt yield anything.