Instead of a Thousand Words | A Street Photography Photobook Unboxing and First Impressions

In this video I unbox my first photobook and share my first impressions. For me it’s quite an accomplishment, so you will kindly excuse my naive, or perhaps even obnoxious enthusiasm.

While this was done simply for my own enjoyment, if there is demand there will be copies available for sale. Get in touch with me if you’re interested.

Now, I’m aware that this may easily come across as self promotion, and it perhaps is, but the message I’d like to put out with this endeavour is that pro-level work can be done with FOSS.

All photos in the book were processed and edited with RawTherapee and GIMP on Linux.

10 Likes

That’s cool, congratulations!

honka_animated-128px-41

Keep up the good work and dreams coming true!

1 Like

Using EOS of course?! :grin:

The Sony full frame cameras are some of the best. I wanted a Sony α7R III, but it and the Sony glass like the G-Master 12-24mm f/2.8 are very expensive, so I ended up with a Fujifilm X-T4 which I love too, but it’s not full frame unfortunately. But anyways, I watched the video, you’ve got a great photographer’s eye and I enjoyed a lot of your compositions and perspectives. I also subscribed to your channel, so keep up the great work!

1 Like

Actually, it was Manjaro that I had used for the longest time, and now Vanilla Arch since a few months ago.

I did give EOS several good tries before swithcing from Manjaro to Arch, but there were a few things that didn’t go my way, so I eventully gave up.

I just recently upgraded from the SONY a7R I to the mark II and indeed they are fantastic cameras. Even truer is that together with good glass, it makes for quite an expensive hobby. That’s one of the main reasons why I use vintage lenses - some of them are absolutely brilliant stuff and can be had for less than $100.

Thank you all for your kind words.

2 Likes

Very very nice photos, Radu. And congrats on the book. I’m honestly jealous of your talent and your eye coz compared to you I’m blind.
:woman_with_probing_cane:
I also liked the way you presented the video, very nice narration.

2 Likes

Thank you.