Installer shouldn't replace bashrc

I think my point is: do you really think there is need for a reuse home option? IMHO this is being approached from the wrong angle. The solution should be to avoid the need to change anything in the home directories. AFAIK, useradd/adduser already does the right things.

Either way, I understand there is no immediate “solution” to this, and I’m fine. Feel free to close the discussion if needed.

yes i mentioned the reuse home option only because that is the reason why we do not already changed the way we copy the .bashrc … we simply never think about someone could reuse the home with the installer and there never was anyone complaining,)
Now you hint at the issue and we go solving it all fine.

I absolutelly agree with this.
Even…

it is probably this one, and does not add something important. The custom additions could be placed in another file and sourced from original .bashrc, either with an injected source command, or with another automation on login, or with a utility (manually).

I also consider this as a bug. I use Arch BTW :rofl:

1 Like

indeed can we close it now :wink:
We can chat about it more but… it is simple to fix and i am certain we all understand each other now very fine too?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.