Installation seems to be stuck

I am using the new september iso to install endeavouros. It is now at 87%. Its showing ‘Running update_system operation.’ I am connected to the internet via ethernet.

2 Likes

I has been stuck like this for the past 20 minutes. Does this operation have a timeout value.

Give it a bit more time.

I always do my install in offline mode then when it’s finished and I’m on a fully working desktop I connect to internet and push everything from there.
You should try that if the install somehow freeze or fail

1 Like

@fernandomaroto ? would it be possible to use a timeout here? or making it optional? as if it stucks on having bad internet or someone installing from limited connection ?

would it be possible to use a timeout here?

I’ll study the case, not sure if is possible.

making it optional?

Need someone with c++ and python skills to change/create a user interface inside cal.

if it stucks on having bad internet or someone installing from limited connection ?

For now the module detects internet connection, then update or skip accordingly. It’s also possible that the person is using a not so good pc, requiring more entropy (uses haveged already).
Notice this is not only using internet but pacman-key init/refresh/populate.

There is also a chance that using reflector instead of update-mirrorlist improve speed of getting best mirrors.

Or i can simply remove the module depending on how many people are having the problem.

1 Like

and simple disable internet connection before starting calamares will skipt it also…

1 Like

I disconnected my ethernet cable. Then tried installing again . It finished successfully.

1 Like

I am using university internet . It automatically logs you out after some time of inactivity. So by the time the installer reached 87% I was automatically logged out. But the was not able to understand that a login is required to use the internet.

1 Like

Ok, nice you managed to install.
Anyway i’ll test the speed of the process. I had another idea what may cause the install to slow down, if i’m right the only option is to remove the auto-update for good.
I’ll test it soon.

Cheers!