Installation does not boot "hub doesn't have any ports!"

Sticking in the older Nvidia GTX750 Ti may or may not help to make it fully boot but that’s entirely up to you if you want to try it. It may on boot switch it from the onboard graphics and work to boot up but you won’t know unless you try it. Just remember to power off your system and unplug it and use anti static strap or method so you don’t fry any of your components.

1 Like

I don’t get any output from my GTX 750ti, though it seems to deactivate the onboard video. Might be the card just being too old or not being able to render onto the 4k monitor.

I did just check some other posts and i have some 7950X that i did get working on Nvidia RTX 4090 cards. So I’m not sure what the issue is. Can you hook up the older monitor and try?

The other monitor worked, though the error remains.

I wouldn’t worry too much about the error message at this stage. It can be just informational related to hardware.

Edit: I would install it and then after you could shut down turn off your monitor and hook it back up to the new 4k one and see.

Install what? Sorry English isn’t my native language, as you might have already noticed.

If it boots with the old monitor then install EndeavourOS. Then you can try hooking up the newer monitor after.

No, it does not boot with the old one. Still the same issue.
I will properly put in the SSD in a another PC, install it there and swap it back.

@pudge i do run on Ryzen 9 here

1 Like

Booting EndeavourOS ISO image on Ryzen 7000 works, just the integrated GPU does not work.

Running EndeavourOS here on the new hardware since November, installed with the default ISO back then (still the same Artemis Nova 22.9), but with a Radeon 6750XT GPU and had no issues. I actually never tried the integrated GPU myself.
Ryzen 7 7700X and Asus TUF Gaming X670E Board.

For the integrated GPU to work without issues, one needs newest packages. So installing with another GPU but without installing Nvidia drivers, updating everything, and then removing the GPU should do the trick. Or spinning a custom ISO with newer packages.

@Pudge Ryzen 9 can mean everything, from 3900 to 7950, its the 7000 series thats the “issue”
And the BIOS has to be compatible because its a completely new socket, that can only run 7000 series CPU’s so far, only the launch day CPU’s are available.

3 Likes

if needed anyone can PM me I have rebuilded unofficial ISO if needed…

The new ISO worked.
Thank you all!

3 Likes

Great to hear that!
It was the hint from @BS86 leads to this :wink:

1 Like

Sorry, I thought you meant it was booting on it. Glad you got it working with a newer ISO.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.