Install package without connection

Hello,

I have broken my internet because of ProtonVPN. It initially could not find the metadata for the package so I uninstalled it. However, this hasn’t fixed the issue. Now I have no internet on the computer I am trying to reinstall the package I have downloaded it to a usb drive and have tried building the package using makepkg but it says that the tar.gz file is not in the directory. What am I doing wrong?

Edit: Solved with below link. However, I would like to know how to install packages without internet.

Thanks,

Frog

You need to show use the output from you are doing for us to understand what you are doing wrong.

If you are trying to install an AUR package without the internet, that may be difficult. What you get from the AUR isn’t a package. It is instructions on how to download and build the package. makepkg reads those instructions. In most cases, one of those instructions is to download one or more files from the internet.

If you want to use makepkg offline, you would need to first download the files it needs and then modify the PKGBUILD so it knows those files are local.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.