INSANELY weird problem

:frowning: installed a lot of programs today and then i found this dock/panel/icon looking thing on my desktop (A REALL EYE SORE) i don’t know what it is or how to remove it now? i am literally considering reinstalling my whole computer over my stupid desire to tinker around with things i know not what i am doing… lol hence i am an idiot and kind of deserve this for messing with stuff i don’t understand but if anyone knows what this is and could help me exterminate it from my desktop that would rock! THANKX!

PS: i highlighted it in red

if i do not figure this out i have to reinstall my whole operating system that thing is hideous and it loads with my computer on my desktop every time :frowning:

1 Like

Looks like some sort of widget. Are you running Budgie? Can’t right click and remove it?

nice guess, patheon DE (it does sorta look like a widget lol) and i was installing specifically panels for linux but idk which ones anymore or maybe it was a dock damn i’m an idoit facepalm

PS: i believe the site i was looking at was alternatives to tint2? IDK i can’t remember and i have a lot of web history

1 Like
grep -i installed /var/log/pacman.log

might give you a hint

1 Like

i just reinstalled endeavour os :slight_smile: thankx though for the help and support <3 this community

For issues on your desktop, the usual thing to test is to create a new user account and login to test.
Even renaming/deleting files/folders with your DE configuration.

Maybe next time… :person_shrugging:

1 Like

thankx friend ~ that really is a good idea

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.