In your opinion which is the most good looking DE available?

I do it, I say GNOME 3!

I would but everybody complains when I mention gnome Lol :+1:

5 Likes

You can mention it all you want - just try not to make me use their CSD! They get on obsession-fueled kicks, and drag everyone along in that direction. If I need to have more usable vertical space, I can rotate my monitor! Also - there was a idea under development (hiding/abandoned now?) that moved the min, max, close and title to vertical deployment down the left side - now THAT would save space in a logical way…

1 Like

The best DE I’ve ever used was Windows XP.

I miss it everyday. So wonderfully simple. And completely lost to time now.

1 Like

:shushing_face:

i3 in my opinion, obviously that’s after tinkering with it and making it so that all I see is a wallpaper. No bar, no borders, no titlebars and a random wallpaper at login. (Yes I do have a bar, but it is hidden by default and toggleble.)

2 Likes

If someone literally remakes XP to run on newer hardware,I will probably go back.

1 Like

I mean…It still would be crap compared to Linux :laughing:
However for nostalgia purposes…I guess someone will end up making it in the end, keep watchin’ :upside_down_face:

I DO run XP on new hardware … in a VM. Still need it for some things - like Freecell, Solitaire, Spider Solitaire… all that it ever did well!

1 Like

Why?
I can hook you up with those games in Wine easily :upside_down_face:

Why not its his/Her choice Lol

2 Likes

I totally go with KDE, I absolutely like KDE : - ) I like to be able to adjust every aspect of my desktop …
!Screenshot_20201101_231403

3 Likes

That the point of linux desktop :crazy_face: You make it look feel how you want :+1: so they all are best looking :wink:

6 Likes

Best looking DE? Openbox. It’s just your background.

1 Like