If you're willing to risk dealing with AliExpress, a good deal

I think the somewhat crucial piece that is missing from your product suggestion is you appear to have purchased the disk, but haven’t received it yet.

It’s fine to be excited for something you have purchased, but it would probably be better to wait until you have received it and given it a try before suggesting to others that they purchase it as well.

3 Likes

I do look forward to the review of it…

3 Likes

I also buy stuff from aliexpress very now and then but that store that sells this SSD:

52.4% Positive Feedback
31 Followers

looks dodgy AF

3 Likes

There are some great deals to be found on Aliexpress. SSDs and USB flash drives are generally not in that category. Misrepresentation of specs and storage capacity are the norm, as are counterfeits of big brand names like Samsung.

I wish you luck.

Oh, I definitely look forward to playing around with it. I love hardware testing, and miss is like crazy. However, again, this is AliExpress, so I won’t even get it until the first or second week of April.

i was doing some research on ssd before i get my first one and decided to get a crucial ssd whenever i can, these seem to have great quality and price

Since you brought up Crucial, that’s a company that for years I HATED. I was an early adopter with the P1, and it was the WORST value ever in SSD’s. Wasn’t much cheaper than the high performance drives, but performance was literally worse than anything NVMe I’d ever used before (or since, to be fair). I actually just weeks ago bought the first item from Crucial since the P1’s release. Got a P3+ 2TB on sale for $3 more than UD90 (which was $109, but I already have a UD90 so wasn’t buying a second), and I’m quite pleased with it. While calling it PCIe 4 is VERY nearly too much of a stretch (didn’t break 4500 Mbps reads in my tests on PCIe 4, and didn’t even break 3000 Mbps writes), the read speeds for PCIe 3 are fantastic. And the write speeds aren’t HORRIBLE, although not fantastic.

:frowning: Looks like I’m not going to try that 2TB after all. It’s been nearly a WEEK since I ordered, yet they haven’t even shipped yet, so I just cancelled the order. I’m willing to tolerate that it takes 3-4 weeks for delivery, but waiting over a week for someone to even process my order before taking 3+ weeks for it to be delivered? No, that’s simply not acceptable.

Got the rest of the order in that wasn’t cancelled. So my ThinkPad T14 G2 now has a fully intact bottom cover again (if you ever get a T490/T495/T14 G1/T14 G2, be careful when removing the bottom cover, it’s VERY week around the ethernet port and will rip if you’re not super careful), and I got the NV1 SSD. Performance is pretty low for NVMe, which was to be expected. However, everything I can check makes it look 100% genuine. Micron NAND, not surprisingly it’s DRAMless, but I can’t identify the controller. I’ll have to do some testing with filling it and testing, but I threw it in my Probook 445 G8 and installed Endeavour onto it, and it worked absolutely perfect, couldn’t find any issues. Passes SMART, passes self-diagnostics. If it is a Kingston NV1, it’s had the firmware changed, but that wouldn’t be surprising. Overall, for the price, this is acting like a fantastic value. Ultimately, it’ll be put in an external enclosure though for me, as I have no need of another internal drive right now. But <$50 for a 2TB NVMe, yeah, I’ll jump on that every time.

NV1_2TB.1
NV1_2TB.2
NV1_2TB.3

1 Like