If I am trying Mate... Compositor?

On my desktop i have Intel 8086K which has HD 630 Intel onboard but i also have an Nvidia GTX 1060 so i have onboard graphics for the Intel turned off and am just using Nvidia PCi-e card. Not sure which Nvidia card you have. I would try both ways. One with only Intel graphics and one with only nvidia but i would install the nvidia-dkms. It’s easy as Endeavour has the installer already installed. You can also run it in test mode first if you like and check if the install will work okay. Maybe the tearing will go away with nvidia drivers.

I am running them now; On the net installer there is a checkbox for “nvidia”, so they are already installed.
I run an old and trusty GTX 1050 Ti.

Anyway, I notice that like on Xfce I only get tearing during window movement, so nevermind, then ;). Looks ugly, but I can live with it. No tearing in videos, moderate tearing when scrolling in firefox / windows. So fine.

1 Like

Yes, I forgot they added Nvidia in the online installer. I am not using it on these vbox installs. My original installs with Nvidia are prior.

1 Like

also ever tried something as : https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/NVIDIA/Troubleshooting#Avoid_screen_tearing

?

2 Likes

No, but definitely trying this later. Thanks.

ForceFullCompositionPipeline is the first thing i do on nvidia drivers here

2 Likes