I tried to do a review of Endeavour and got flamed by "hardcore users"

You are totally correct I have used Arch since 2004 When the developer of the Arch installer retired from Arch and Linux Nobody stepped forward so the scripts were written.
When Carl and myself Wrote the Architect Arch installer a few years back it was endorsed by some the devs but rejected by the users as it would endorse new users so was never used officially

3 Likes

Hi man - it’s been a long time. It’s PJ from G+ :wink:

Hi its been so long i have forgotten you. After Carl just walked away i tried to keep Gplus going for the users, It was such a shame Carl fell victim of Mathew Moore and his hijacking the site. Carl was a natural developer i was honoured to to help and inspire him.
Architect was a 1st rate project we really enjoyed our contribution and both called it a day as far a helping Linux due to that incident.
So yes I know how it feels I lost a friend as well as a project by one man and his 2000 fanboys

2 Likes

yes it was a great project and I always liked Carl. Sad with all the shit that happened. Like you wrote earlier - even a few of the Arch devs praised architect back then.

I sincerely hope endeavour never has to face anything like that that is why they need to tread carefully Some distros feel they are superior to all others including the distro they feed from unfortunately.

2 Likes

That sounds an awful lot like the description of some radical groups.

Its usually new users and fanboys. But not all of them others just drift with the flow of their forums. :heart_eyes:

I am reminded of the saying one can fly with the eagles or run with the turkeys.

To clarify, I am a fan of EndeavourOS, while appreciating that it allows me to run an Arch-based distro. The community being fostered by EndeavourOS is stand-out, especially good.

It seems the rule that exists in comments (for almost all topics) is espousing negativity and diverting the topic. Strange.

Yep till the next wanaby Arch spin pops up or you the user break Endeavour LOL :+1:

closing

// topic cleared for good already…
And all this flaming is not what we want here at EndeavourOS !
Linux is about Freedom of Choice!

4 Likes