I so very much hate Chevrolet right now

Best car I ever owned (from a reliability standpoint) was a 1998 Saturn SL2 sedan 5-speed. Drove it until 230,000 miles. Even then, it was in reasonable condition with a strong running engine, but the shift linkage broke (twice, first time it was repaired and it lasted ~6 months before breaking again), and the labor to replace it cost more than the blue book value of the vehicle.

1 Like

Chevrolet Linux?

I never heard of it so i DDG’ed it.

2020-08-14 17.34.28 duckduckgo.com 0c64617eba40

So there might be a Chevrolet Linux. :wink:

4 Likes

Where can I download the ISO? Maybe my PC runs better with it?

1 Like

On a serious note. This is more to my liking, even if it won’t run Linux ever. :thinking:

2020-08-14 17.33.12 www.pinterest.se d4eea6908591

In BRG of course!

8 Likes

I believe the various GM products that have Onstar have linux running on their infotainment devices.

1 Like

@Mr_Ecks. I love me a classic MG. Unfortunately, I am stuck with my ugly Micra. However, since I ride my motorcycle 98% of the time, I rarely drive it.

It’s not the colour that makes it better - it’s the ‘real’ bumpers! I always liked them, but I like something else even better… :grin:
tr6
(sorry - but youthful driving experiences were better in the Triumph)

BTW - it doesn’t even have to be BRG - Blue would do…

4 Likes

ROFL yes, I can’t understand anyone in Thailand buying one when they can have the CVT Yaris instead.

[quote=“tlmiller76, post:35, topic:6879”]
British cars make American cars look like eternal running super reliable tanks,[/quote]

Yes, but not everyone wants to drive around in a tank… Also there are no cars that compete in terms of reliability and certainly in terms of cost-effectiveness than brands like Lexus, Toyota, Honda…

My friend’s Jaguar XF is a bit of a dream car - he keeps a tin of Mints with the Union Jack tin - but Jaguar has been bought up by Tata (so it’s actually Indian now), his BMW 7 series is a dream - but more ‘practical’ and not as inspiring as the Jag; personally I’d be very happy with a Camry, but am finding the Yaris to be more than adequate for long distance and town work alike (and ridiculously cheap, taking less fuel than my old bike did).

There is simply no point that I would ever consider buying an American car - unless it was a ridiculously impractical classic. Volkswagen, Honda, Mazda’s ‘3’ is also pretty nice.

I have to say that after riding bikes around for too many years that I care to mention, cars tend to fail to inspire.

ROFL should run for well over ten years before becoming obsolete - and I’ll bet you didn’t have to fix anything yet.

Even now, having given up the performance - selling my old GSX-R and trading in for a PCX 150 - I’m happier going to Makro on my scooter and strapping a couple of cardboard boxes worth of shopping on the back than I am in a car.

Eh, in the 90’s and early 2000’s that would be true about the Japanese cars. Not anymore. Their overall quality control has plummeted and they’re no better or worse than American cars nowadays. And the styling (mostly) has lost any originality anymore. They all look identical to each other (and this includes most American cars too, they all look the same as the Japanese cars).

2 Likes

I wouldn’t say that modern cars are rubbish compared to older cars; modern cars are more economical, faster, safer, more reliable, etc.

But I always have a soft spot for classics.image

Guiletta Sprint Speciale anyone?

7 Likes

Looks like the wheel is on the wrong side for the plates? Is this a '57?
Not MY thing, but quite a thing…

that’s a '61 i believe. It’s not everyone’s cup of tea but I love unique classic cars over the typical Mustangs and C2s And Alfa made beautiful cars then.

Still would do an engine swap tho, I’m no purist.

Well - unique, you say… hmmm… How 'bout
59-Goggomobile-Dart-DV-12-RMA_01

One of 3 cars to carry the Dart name that I know of - the Dodge Dart, and (briefly) the Daimler sp250…
dart

Daimler-SP250

Classic isn’t always meaning it’s any good! :grin: - though I could find room for the SP250…

6 Likes

That Goggomobil Dart … I’ve never heard of that one before. Looks perfect for a coastal drive!

It is not typical - even for Goggomobil… they were mostly microcars - or vans! Here’s a link to the Wikipedia entry - which matches up with my memories pretty well…:grin:

My ‘favourite’ car from the times was Dutch, not Deutsch… the DAF 600. Of course, I liked because it was easy to drive - even for a kid! Unfortunately, it foisted CVT’s on the rest of the world over time…(sigh)

DAF

3 Likes

The only car driver by a v belt I remember them well one of my customers had one. lol that is going back
My favorite of that time was the Lotus Cortina and later the ford Mexico.

1 Like

Is that a Citroen? Or something? Maybe I don’t have that right!

It is Citroen DS21.