I need help

No errors. Rebooted and still nothing.

Are you still getting the identical error from the picture in the first post?

Yes

This might be a case for downgrading the icu package, but that may have other repercussions for their system.

Appears to be a missed KDE kicker dependency.

There is a plasma-workspace update as of a few hours ago, that may not have yet hit all mirrors. 5.26.1-2

He is already on that version.

He has the same version of icu and plasma-workspace as me and I have no issues. It is very strange.

Is it possible to reset?

Hrm. It’s a runtime error. The icu package deals with unicode. Guess is the user has a locale/setting set that is tripping up inside the KDE libraries and making a call looking for the older icu that others aren’t seeing due to being on a different locale/setting.

out of the box ideas:

1. make links from all the icu 72 .so’s and create icu 71 links. Hold nose, reboot, pray.
  2. perhaps install some light graphical WM like openbox or fluxbox or similar, perhaps along with xorg-xinit, and startx that up. Proceed into #3.
  3. wait for KDE devs to figure this out. Might help to put a bug into their forums, their reddit, and other similar places.
  4. via tty and ctrl-alt-F{2,3.4} maybe reset locale to a western one.

plasma-workspace-5.26.1-3 just updated 2 hours ago:
upgpkg: plasma-workspace 5.26.1-3: Prevent Plasma from messing with system locales, Arch users are supposed to configure locales themselves

Hopefully this fixes your problem. I did not have any problems with 5.26.1-2, but I also include C.UTF-8 in addition to my en_US.UTF-8, if that makes any difference.

1 Like