I ❤️ KDE Plasma

Happy for all of you KDE fans! I share the same sense of excitement about the upcoming Gnome 42 release. :enos_flag:

3 Likes

That’s a good thing then :+1:

Well, we’re getting older, our eyesight is failing … it’s a geriatric feature …

1 Like

I haven’t seen any GUI breakage from this in plasma. Which applications are you seeing breakage with?

1 Like

Sorry, this is not recent but from the time I used Kubuntu 18.04! But I had seen it in the GUI that pops up after right-clicking on the menu bar and choosing “edit window-specific settings”. The OK and Cancel buttons were not visible. I remember having to “snap” the window to the left or right and then, magically, the buttons would appear. Because of that, I stopped fiddling with font size and just squinted.

As both you and Kresimir have pointed out, the issue no longer exists. Even I don’t see a problem on Kubuntu 20.04.

2 Likes

That was four years ago. :man_facepalming:

A lot has changed since…

@eosbtw
I thought you were using Sway?

Bingo, exactly.
I need reading glass to read small font and then blue cutter, anti-glare blah blah. i challenged myself by placing the monitor far more distant than normally i would.
sometimes, DE/WM need to support with bigger font and large icons, it helps. the instinct is just to type ctrl + shift + plus in any GUI.
blame FF for that

2 Likes

No, xeyes don’t work on Wayland.

Gnome fans are always excited for the next release, and I don’t blame them lol.

4 Likes

Yes, I’m using Sway on EndeavourOS since the time I did a clean install of Atlantis (the day after its release) with the offline option and then added Sway.

Before that, on EndeavourOS, I had XFCE (via the offline option), then added KDE Plasma, and then added Sway. I also had KDE neon on another partition. (That I was a genuine user of KDE Plasma can be verified by looking at the bugs I’ve filed: not earth-moving but still :wink:)

Now with Atlantis, it’s just Sway with some XFCE remnants which I still have to hunt down.

(I have Kubuntu 20.04 on another laptop.)

1 Like

Sorry but maybe I missed the thread in which you have asked for help, but why haven’t you just started with base install and added sway so you don’t have any xfce remnants? Just curious, nothing else

1 Like

Totally fair question! I didn’t ask for help in the forum. So there’s no thread.

I did try to install the Sway Community version directly. After about 5 hours of waiting, the install process ended with an error. So then I went the offline (XFCE) route and once that was done, in a matter of minutes, I installed Sway as directed here.

1 Like

Fair enough :smiley:

1 Like