I just tried installing EndevourOS and Kubuntu and neither could even find my NVME SSDs

I just tried installing EndevourOS and Kubuntu and neither could even find my NVME SSDs, Then I put in the garuda live usb and it found both my SSDs. I did have the 2 SSDs in raid before this and am suspicious that is causing issues. But how come finds them?

Welcome to the forum!

On BIOS how are they setup? Because when I bought my laptop I’d to change the BIOS setup so AHCI to make Linux (was using Arch at time) see it.
If you have installed windows too be careful tho because I don’t remember precisely the procedure to make Windows see your disk again after changing the option.

Isn’t AHCI for sata only though?

NVM I fixed it. I needed to go to EZ mode to disable M.2 GENIE. ffs MSI and my bios’s search is horrible. tnx!

1 Like

Yes It is, and I know seems strange, but on my laptop (1nvme PCIe and 1ssd SATA) i had to change it or Arch was only seeing the SATA SSD. Mind you without further knowledge of your system I’m not saying that this is your problem, just sharing what happened to me in a similar situation.

1 Like

It seems the same. My computer was also only seeing my SATA HDD only!

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.