I installed a 2nd endevour os with no bootloader option. but cann't find the boot option for that one

i have a ssd of 512 GB. i installed my primary eos at 1st partition and just recently made a 2nd partition and installed another eos there to test window managers.

I selected no bootloaderoption during installlation as i already had another installation. But now i cann’t find option in grub menu.

I ran sudo grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg too.
The command is showing following output:

Generating grub configuration file ... Found theme: /boot/grub/themes/Xenlism-Nixos/theme.txt Found linux image: /boot/vmlinuz-linux Found initrd image: /boot/intel-ucode.img /boot/initramfs-linux.img Found fallback initrd image(s) in /boot: intel-ucode.img initramfs-linux-fallback.img Warning: os-prober will not be executed to detect other bootable partitions. Systems on them will not be added to the GRUB boot configuration. Check GRUB_DISABLE_OS_PROBER documentation entry. Adding boot menu entry for UEFI Firmware Settings ...

did messed up the process while installing?

Take a look at this article by the EndeavourOS Team:
https://discovery.endeavouros.com/system-rescue/grub-how-to-fix-booting-of-other-arch-based-systems/2021/03/

1 Like

You may need to enable os-prober ( GRUB_DISABLE_OS_PROBER=false)in your /etc/default/grub and then run:

Oh, thanks a lot.

This worked

1 Like

You are welcome!
Glad you got the issue resolved!
:enos: :handshake:t5:

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.