I have problem with recognize my graphic card

Unfortunately, noveau really sucks. So most likely, these graphics cards are just something for Tim Cook’s giraffe to step into…

Using an old Nvidia card on Linux is a miserable experience, even for users who are not complete newbies. The best advice I have is: the next time you buy a graphics card, buy AMD.

3 Likes

I install 340

This does not help anyone. What driver package did you install?

What is this noveau I’m not going to buy graphics cards Soon

@Iloveliunx And how? From what you posted, it doesn’t appear you got to a TTY otherwise you could provide system info for us.

I don’t really good on Linux I just put yay-Sy nvidia-340xx-dkms

I don’t know what is this TTY

https://archlinux.org/packages/extra/x86_64/xf86-video-nouveau/

It’s going to be give me good FPS?

Like my FPS so bad if I don’t install the drivers

I have no idea. You asked what nouveau was.

So if you were able to do that, you could send us computer info via the link provided as you have access to either a terminal or TTY.

Please check out post 9.

Okay

All the destroy not work good in my graphics card only zorin os working but i don’t like it i like arch Linux

Have you used Arch Linux before?

Yes

noveau is a free and open source driver for Nvidia graphics cards developed by the community, mostly through hacking and reverse engineering.

Nvidia is notoriously bad when it comes to Linux support. Their official drivers are proprietary and once their cards move into legacy, maintaining your system, especially a rolling release like EndeavourOS, becomes harder and harder with each update.

So you either have to endure the official driver breaking with every kernel update, or you’re stuck with noveau, which is nowhere near as good as the official driver, unfortunately, simply because Nvidia refuses to share information with the community.

There is no easy solution, I’m afraid. Either you have to learn how to deal with it, or perhaps find a different distro.

I’ve been there and it was really frustrating, especially knowing that I have a good graphics card, which works perfectly well, but is going to end up as e-waste, simply because of Nvidia and their lack of support. And I really hate throwing things away.

This has become a legendary meme, when Linus Torvalds, the creator of Linux expressed his views on Nvidia:

2 Likes

I know this meme is so said I hate the Nvidia

you can boot without graphical environment also if driver fails:

This will boot to a login prompt and you can check drivers or remove them to be able again to boot into graphical environment after reboot…

2 Likes

So you’ve used Arch before, but don’t know what nouveau drivers are? . . Or a TTY. . . Or how to give system info via terminal as someone suggested previously and your admitted to have access to??

I think I’m maxed out on ability to help. I’m stepping down for someone more knowledgeable.

IMG20220212224614
What now?