I got a black screen when insatalling with Asus laptop

It has AMD graphics on Ryzen processor and Nvdia dedicated graphics. :anguished:

Yup. My new laptop has the same type of setup and it works perfectly, so this might even be a laptop-specific issue (i.e. internal wiring).

It should be as simple as installing Nvidia and optimus manager if these set these things were set up properly in the first place!

Edit: Not booting on the ISO is another problem. :anguished:

how could that beā€¦ :sleepy:

It looks like itā€™s using the Nvidia card. Xorg is using amd?

whatā€™s mean by that??

Iā€™m just trying to think about how it works on boot. Iā€™m assuming it should use amdgpu to boot on and then some way of switching to Nvidia. :thinking:

Are you able to try the kernel parameters that are being used in ubunu that i posted on the EndeavourOS ISO in the grub command line?

Yes, but the BIOS on my device can not manage something like disable GPU.

nvme_core.default_ps_max_latency_us=5500 amdgpu.exp_hw_support=1 acpi_osi=Linux 
           cpi_backlight=vendor vt.handoff=7 

where should i add these cmd line to ? press e when select the booting mode with Nvidia ?

I donā€™t know what you mean? I asked if you are able to try adding the kernel parameters that are being used on the ubuntu install. They are not on the EndeavourOS ISO. It would be logical to at least try them on boot in the default grub command line.

Yes

You were given similar directions here, including how to upload logs. You didnā€™t do any of what was requested.

I have to assume from this that you donā€™t want to do any troubleshooting, in which case Ubuntu is the correct option.

2 Likes

Iā€™ll try it now, BTW, ask one thing for sure, should I burn the ios in DD mode? or the iso mode?
manjaro ios will forced to use DD mode when using rufus.

I donā€™t use dd so Iā€™m not up on all the different ways of creating the ISO. I use popsicle on EOS or etcher on Windows.

Please check the Manjaro forum link, most of this stuff has been covered already, and OP has ignored input there (e.g. will not upload logs as requested).

2 Likes

Normal Nvidia i have no issue with but Hybrid is a pain.It just makes sense to me if ubuntu is installed and working to try the kernel parameters that are in the default grub since they are not on the EOS ISO. They may or may not help but is worth trying. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

sorry for making u thinking that~ i will try all the way you guys tell me to try, i just need to do it one by one. Iā€™ll do it right now.

That sentiment is familiar to meā€¦ :rofl:

Great. There are step-by-step instructions in the Manjaro forum thread.

1 Like