I am so far loving EndeavourOS

Hello, I am Robert and I am fairly new to Linux and am willing to learn a lot.

I started out with Zorin which was great, but thought it was very slow and buggy (I had to reinstall twice).

I then moved to Linux Mint which was fairly fast, stable, and had a good amount of customizability. But I did find that the applications were old and it also felt a bit buggy too (though not as much as Zorin).

I just recently installed EndeavourOS with BTRFS and KDE and I am so far very impressed. This distro runs very fast on my fairly mid computer (AMD A6-6310) with 8GB. On Windows, it ran very slow (funny how running a virtual machine with Ghost Spectre was the same speed). It is not buggy at all and it ran the fastest out of all my tests in live cd.

I have learned quite a bit about Arch from using this OS and reading the documentation and I just want to thank the developers for allowing me to use Arch, but without having to go through the hassle of installing it (CLI installers scare me TBH).

13 Likes

Hello and welcome @robertzo :wave: Enjoy the purple ride :enos_flag:

5 Likes

Welcome @robertzo!

Glad you enjoy your new EnOS!

After some time when you feel comfortable with managing your system from terminal, I would suggest you to do an Arch by -the-ArchWiki-way install in a virtual machine. You will then see there is nothing scary about it. And you have passed your “rite de passage” :wink:

5 Likes

Hi @robertzo welcome

6 Likes

Welcome to :enos:-Forum and the wonderful Community!

6 Likes

Welcome :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Welcome to the dark side @robertzo

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum @robertzo :enos: :enos_flag:

5 Likes

And just adding to pebcak, an arch install (by CLI of course) usually takes about five to ten minutes. It’s not really hard, though I must admit, I botched (can’t remember how) the first time I tried it. I’ve done it many times zipping through since though. It is a great learning experience to go from nothing to a full featured DE the Arch Way.

6 Likes

Welcome to the community :beers:

5 Likes

Hello @robertzo

4 Likes

Hello and Welcome @robertzo ! :enos_flag:

3 Likes

Welcome! :v:

3 Likes

welcome to Endeavour :enos:

3 Likes

@robertzo welcome to your endeavour here! :enos:
love your profile picture :raccoon:

3 Likes

Welcome!!

2 Likes

No you’re not! How can you be Robert when I’m Robert already (I prefer bob)!?!? :face_with_raised_eyebrow: How about Jasper? I don’t think there’s a Jasper here (correct me if I’m wrong Jasper). :crazy_face:

Anyhow: Welcome to the purple shades of Arch! :smiling_imp:

Hi! Welcome to the forum!

You can get terminal illness from the CLI… Very scary!

Yes, very nice, indeed. :frog:

3 Likes

:exploding_head:

2 Likes

You might get Typer’s Finger! :rofl:

3 Likes