How to properly get rid of previous version of linux kernels?

Here’s the output: https://clbin.com/lFLXY
I did already remove the duplicate kernel entries manually though with grub-customizer.

The issue is, I guess, that those duplicate entries shouldn’t have been there at the first place.

Given you want a GUI for low-level configuration, a terminal centric distro like EndeavourOS seems like an odd choice.

This doesn’t really makes sense. I use terminal whenever it’s more efficient and easier for my goal. I only do minor customisation to grub as I have said before. All I customize is the boot order and sometimes like now remove some boot entries. For something this simple editing the config file manually would require me to spend time reading the docs, which I feel is not necessary here. Also I have been using EOS for long time now and I love it because of its simplicity. I don’t always find it useful use a CLI-based alternative instead of GUI.

(post deleted by the author)

From my side I see no issue using grub-customizer, you need only to get knowledge about how it works in the same way as when you do any other configuration and changes to the system.

But some time ago grub-customizer was really troublesome, most of these old issues are removed from it already.

The grub.cfg from after the changes do not show much as you solved the issue already :wink:

Could be that you have a bak file of it, if you do not change it multiple times with grub-customizer.

1 Like

When kernels are added or deleted from a linux install, it is usually necessary to re-run grub-customizer, otherwise you’ll likely get the double entries. Grub-customizer runs its own update-grub when it saves the customized configuration.