So, as many of you know, I do in fact (need to) use Windows 10 for work. I get office included with our work emails, if I need to make adjustments to my irrigation system, there is an application required that doesn’t work outside of Windows (I don’t even think it works on Mac).
That being said. Windows is this uncustomizable lump of trash of an OS. I went through asking Windows tech support, and basically everything they said was, Windows isn’t supported by that, you’ll need 3rd party software. . . so tell me, what 3rd party software do you all use?
I really need:
- easy virtual desktop use/integration.
- a more customizable task bar - preferably with virtual desktop integration
- a program similar to plank/latte-dock
- a way to modify shortcuts! (I cannot fathom they don’t let you change shortcuts, but alas, windows help said that’s not possible.)
- I need my titlebar icons for maximize/minimize/close window on the LEFT SIDE OF THE DAMN SCREEN WHERE THEY BELONG. Nothing drives me up the wall more than that. I hate going to the right side of the screen for that.
- a way to tile applications similar to i3. bonus points if it could be turned on and off like zentile, or the kde script. I do believe I can at least snap windows left/right like in Cinnamon, so this is like a minimal request, but it would be fantastic.
Other programs you all use and where to get them please.
Open source goes to the top of the list. And I’m not paying for anything. I would rather donate to Linux programs.
Thank you all very much! And I’m sorry that I need to even ask, but I do need help