How to install EndeavourOS with old package like KDE 5.21 now?

Hi all @BONK This is video about noise bug.
If I record in normal speed, my camera cant capture ít. So it 2 videos: 1 in laptop screen(normal) and 1 in extended screen (Dell P2419h - bug).
Video link:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1PLcRqlrJfilnJ4h06yoreTX44Qka0Xyv?usp=sharing

Oh I found way to fix that:

• I change from 60Hz to 50Hz in bug display and change again
  • after change, Stop and Resume Compositor with @Kresimir command and every is find after resuming.

I think I need to replace my HDMI cable. I will replace it today and check it again.

Is KDE Reddit community any better?

It’s unlikely. I’ve not found 1 thing on Reddit that is even vaguely worthwhile.

The absolute easiest way to run an old version of KDE (in my opinion). . .

Is to use a Debian or Ubuntu based distro…

2 Likes

Debian based distro? EOS based Arch Linux and ArchLinux based Debian too, right?
Hmmmmm…

I’m just saying, if you need old stuff, Arch isn’t exactly conducive to that.

1 Like

Arch isn’t based on Debian as far as I know…

3 Likes

Debian. . . with an AUR type setup. . . especially with pacman instead of apt. . .

Now that’s a distro that scratches my itch.

Not exactly Debian, but this might be interesting (in time).

Unfortunately the commands don’t match up to pacman, but they aren’t hopelessly weird either…

1 Like

What is this “Reddit community” you speak of? :rofl:

Here you go!! Kreddit. I see some contributors active there and people getting some sort of help.

1 Like

Well, there are helpful people in at least some subreddits.

But using Kubuntu or Debian would indeed give OP an older KDE. This is from my Kubuntu:
Desktop: KDE Plasma 5.18.5 tk: Qt 5.12.8 wm: kwin_x11 dm: SDDM Distro: Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS (Focal Fossa)

Then, of course, there’s Trinity.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.