How To Get Viewnior To Resize For Next Picture

I am using viewnior as my default image viewer . Before I reinstalled Endeavour with Btrfs an update made viewnior to resize on each image i.e. when I change the image the whole UI gets resized according to the next image , instead of resizing the image . But with this install that’s not happening . I really liked it . qiv does that but it doesn’t show images on 1,2,3 order . Instead when I choose next from an image 1.jpg it shows 10.jpg :grimacing: .

Is there any work around for qiv or is there a alternative . I use Gwenview for edits , but it’s slower than viewnior . I hope @Kresimir has the solution , or @keybreak :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Nope, no clue. I use Gwenview as the default image viewer. Never even heard of Viewnior. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I am going to try out nomacs , hope that works

It’s worth checking out , it looks so good with oxygen’s window decorations :smiley:

1 Like

Haven’t heard about it either, but usually this order thing depends on locale, try to run in terminal:

env LC_ALL=en_US.UTF-8 qiv

or

env LC_ALL=C qiv

See if it helps, if it is - you can change numerics locale system-wide…
Or change Exec for qiv and add this env there

2 Likes

pqiv resizes with images but I have to select all images and open them with pqiv from right click menu . That’s not what I want :frowning_face:

i use geeqie as image viewer :slight_smile:

1 Like

I tried that too :confused:

Ok the developer added this feature . There is an option to change window size with image now
Last option in this pic

Screenshot from 2021-03-24 10-24-55

Now the window will expand or shrink according to the image size you are viewing currently .
So you get an image view like this

Screenshot from 2021-03-24 10-30-05

Instead of this

Screenshot from 2021-03-24 10-30-32

Found it by accident yesterday