How to disable sleep Thinkpad R61

How can I stop my system from going to sleep (or at least stop wifi from turning off when going to sleep) when I close the lid on my laptop, sleep.conf and logind.conf both have everything related to sleep/hibernation commented out.

OK 2 things here, you don’t mention which Desktop Environment you are using. That would be helpful. Also have you tried booting your laptop into it’s BIOS/Setup and see if there are any settings within there that may be affecting things when powering things?

To disable suspension and hibernation completely, You could try:

sudo systemctl mask sleep.target suspend.target hibernate.target hybrid-sleep.target

and reboot.

:warning: As always, do your own research before you copy-paste any commands given to you by any random virtual person in www.

Also welcome to EnOS’ forum @con!

2 Likes

Whoah, sledgehammer! Would it not be more informative to the OP to find out what is causing this in the first place? Knowledge is power etc.

1 Like

Sure!
Just putting the “option on the table”.
:bomb:

OK I get it, just keep your hand off the red button! :laughing:

That’s cool, we await more response before we can offer (hopefully) some help. :grin:

1 Like

Thank you for all the responses. I’m running I3. Nothing in the BIOS. The command mentioned worked so thank you for that. Thanks for the welcome :slight_smile: i’ve been using arch for a few months on my main pc but i’m lazy and wanted to try something new so i installed endeavouros to have fun on this cheap thinkpad i just bought for a “plug and play” experience. knowledge is the greatest power.

1 Like

Quick question btw because i couldn’t find anything about it, is there a shortcut for the power menu?

Try: $mod+Shift+e

Glad that the issue was resolved to your satisfaction.

I order to mark the thread as solved, you could click the … under the post that solved the issue and check the box “Solution”. In this way the forum software will also recognize it as such and others searching in solved threads looking for a solution to similar problem would find it more easily.

1 Like

Thank you and will do

1 Like

Welcome to :enos: forums!!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.