How long have you used EnOS?

When did you hop to Endeavour? Are you a newer member or from back in the Antergos days?

I’m pretty newbie myself. About 4 months ago, I’d put some time in with Ubuntu, and I wanted to try something Arch-based. I had heard some controversial things about Manjaro, so I went with EnOS. I thought it was great, but being an ignorant newbie, I couldn’t yet appreciate just how great. I wanted more exposure, so I subsequently went on my way, hopping to other distros like Pop, MX, Fedora, Arch, etc. With each of these new hops, I found myself creating a personal rubric of sorts constituted by elements and factors that I personally wanted from a distro. Easy installation, no programs that I’ll never use like Hexchat, access to the AUR, good forums, etc. Each time I added something to that rubric, I realized “oh, Endeavour checks that box.” So, after all those hops, I found myself back here on EnOS about a month ago, where I shall remain for the foreseeable future.

6 Likes

Welcome back!

I have been using EOS for ~1 year now.

3 Likes

(c) profile

Manjaro refugee here, glad to be here :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

I do the same as you! I always know in the back my head I’ll come back to EOS but I like to try stuff out. I normally try new distro’s for a few days then switch back! A waste of time I know! But we have a lot of time on our hands right now!

And welcome back! Enjoy your time here!

3 Likes

I had a bit of bad luck at first with some programs that broke. Since then, I haven’t given EOS any chance more. So I ran EOS 2 weeks only. I’ll try it again soon.

3 Likes

I was using Antergos and was some what active on the forum. When EndeavourOS played Phoenix and rose from the ashes, I tried out the first ISO.

Pudge

EDIT:
I believe June 27 or 28, 2019 was the day the EndeavourOS forum came on line. @Bryanpwo correct me if I’m wrong. I joined the forum on July 2, 2019 which is the day I first became aware of the new web site. Not sure when the first ISO came out.

EDIT:
I did little research. Looks like July 15, 2019 was the first ISO using “latest Linux Kernel 5.2.0 -arch2-1-ARCH”

5 Likes
[csteinforth@E14 ~]$ sudo tune2fs -l /dev/mapper/vg0-lvroot  | grep 'Filesystem created:'
Filesystem created:       Sun Oct 18 20:52:32 2020

The exact date and time I did the final switch to the purple side of linux :enos_flag: . And I never looked back…

4 Likes

Been around since the beginning. Used Antergos for quite some time until EndeavourOS started. Have done a lot of distro hopping. Now i desktop hop trying to learn new things. Still try other distros for a purpose. I think i have tried most of them but not all! Just a lot! :rofl:

3 Likes

Well maybe you could check those out some time :sunglasses:

1 Like

I usually stick to the distrowatch list unless i come across something that piques my interest. Then i usually try it and go :-1:

BTW EndeavourOS is sitting at #7

Edit: I did say in the beginning it would be 7 in 2021

3 Likes

Last time I looked elementary was at 7th. So I another place up.

2 Likes

Like @jonathon, @keybreak and many others, I also came here on the Manjaro bus.

I joined the forum on 25th July 2020, and I installed EndeavourOS on my laptop the very next day, on the 26th, sometimes in the morning, around 9 o’clock. Which means, at the time of making this post, I’ve been using EndeavourOS for approximately 17,670,000 seconds.

5 Likes

But i want to know in how long in Binary? :laughing:

2 Likes

How about frogary?

:frog::snake::snake::snake::snake::frog::frog::snake::frog::frog::snake::snake::frog::frog::frog::frog::frog::snake::frog::frog::frog::snake::snake::snake::snake:

Frog is 1, snake is 0.

7 Likes

That’s better math!

2 Likes

The forum was live on July the 2nd 2019, June 27th it was roughly created but not publicly available and around that time the very first beta was available. Indeed, July 15th 2019 EndeavourOS officially launched.

5 Likes

I’ve used it since I found it - I’ve got 380 days of visiting, so it must be over a year! Ex 'Buntu (since 6.06), via MX and Arch (mostly) - but easy to stick here. Still run a few others (MX, Rolling Rhino, Garuda) but most are EnOS now. Basically what Arch should be, but they can’t handle the newbies anymore…

1 Like

I’ve been using and enjoying EOS for just over a month now. Great distro and a very friendly, welcoming forum. I plan to stick around for awhile! :grinning:

2 Likes

December 25th, 2019 same day I joined the forum. Also coincidentally Christmas day. I was working crazy hours back then and I was off so install day, gift to myself.

3 Likes

You know how to party! :enos: :partying_face: