How does EndeavourOs run on older configurations?

I use a Debian-based system on one of my many-year-old notebooks, Manjaro on another. Antergos runs on an old desktop. In each case, the system is stable, which is one of the most important to me. I wonder how EndeavourOs is a good choice in this regard?

1 Like

If Antergos runs well on it, then EndeavourOS wil run also on it.
The most issues we see here over here are with newer hardware.

1 Like

With newer configurations there will always be sensitive cases that need to be improved as this is the order of the world.

I personally find Arch-based distros to feel more responsive on the desktop than Debian/*buntu based. As per usual, your mileage may vary.

Ran, installed EOS on a Dell Inspiron 1525 with a Core2Duo CPU and 2 GB DDRAM2 and ran perfectly.
Now, understand that hardware gets old and obsolete, software can be tweaked accordingly.
EOS was up to snuff for that old laptop, trouble started when browsers ran with several tabs open, but it’s understandable.

I also run EOS on a configuration similar to yours.

here also an old T60 thinkpad with 4GB RAM and Dual Core (2x2GHz) CPU (upgraded to this 64BIT CPU) running smooth with EnOS.

+1

CPU: Dual Core AMD Phenom II X2 560 (-MCP-) Memory: 3.84 GiB
Machine: Type: Desktop Mobo: Gigabyte model: GA-880GM-USB3 - BIOS: Award v: F8 date: 10/15/2010 → It was never updated again.
It literally flies with EOS!

I have such a desktop computer. https://support.hp.com/hu-hu/document/c01917456 EOS runs brilliantly on it, now I want to speed it up with SSD drive and memory expansion.

Here’s what I’m running EndeavourOS on - and the computer is 10 years old this year!

System Information
Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
Product Name: HP Compaq 6005 Pro MT PC
Graphics Card: NVIDIA Corporation GK107 [GeForce GT 640 OEM] with HDMI output
Monitor: LG 32CS460 32" LCD TV
HD: Samsung 860 EVO V-NAND 1TB SSD
Memory: 8GB
System Boot Information

The SSD HD: all I had to do was plug it in, the BIOS recognized it, the computer rebooted - and I was in business!

Once you install the OS: if you have an NVIDIA graphics card and an SSD (such as I have here): at the grub boot screen hit e on the keyboard, scroll down to where a line includes quiet, delete quiet from the line, then hit F10 to continue the boot. I did have to read the wiki for the NVIDIA card afterward so I wouldn’t have to do that every time the computer booted (I use the nouveau driver - and a 16 x 9 desktop I can use!). I have to say that the 16x9 desktop is wonderful to use - especially when watching YouTube videos full screen!

Sorry for being so detailed in the response. However I thought it might help others if they have this setup.