How do you pronounce

Sudo like “Sue Dough”

5 Likes

People in this thread:

5 Likes

Hey! I resemble the guy on the left. Wait. No not that one… the other one! :laughing:

1 Like

I bet they sang also. Something from man cat ? :wink: :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Technically I think its

“Su, do this” so correctly its soo doo

But I say soo doh

2 Likes

this was posted a few hours back, and this is in the “pub”, so i guess by now the correct way to pronounce it is the way that feels good for you. Never heard of, “soo doo” but that does sound good too. “go soo doo that linux voodoo”. I shall call it “soo doo” for a while, just to see. :slight_smile:

It originally stood for “superuser do”, as that was all it did, and it is its most common usage; however, the official Sudo project page lists it as “su do”. The current Linux manual pages for su define it as “substitute user”, making the correct meaning of sudo “substitute user, do”, because sudo can run a command as other users as well

https://www.sudo.ws/

I have always said “su-doh” but yeah, it should be “su-doo” However I don’t really care. As long as we understand what it does I am happy enough! :grin:

I’m really surprised more people pronounce it the way I do su - doh than the correct way.

I guess that is due to the way it is spelled rather than the meaning.

And then the residents of the nursing home had to go to bed?

You say sudo and I say sudo…

1 Like

How do we pronounce ‘i’? If a certain company had come from Eastern Europe, not America it could have been Meecrosoft not Mycrosoft! :rofl:

1 Like

We in Germany pronounce Microsoft like this: Winzigweich.

So that means an OS for kids (fur kinder)?

The thought is not so far-fetched … :sweat_smile:

Ja! Considering most people just switch on their computer then open a browser to access social media etc. That is fuc*** scary really!

1 Like

:100:

1 Like

How many people who work in our nations Governments actually know anything about their computer’s operating systems? I think the percentage is very low! And yet they make decisions for us. :scream:

Windows XP is still in use in many of our offices. Why change it, it’s still airing … grrr