Hopes for next year/How would you remember 2020?

You should have named it “What are your hopes for next year” instead, as I think most people will not have many positive things to say about this past year.

So, for the next I hope we will rid ourselves of this stupid virus and get back to a more normal society. I wish all great health and much love in the following year!

1 Like

Thanks! :v:

1 Like

Although 2020 was a very bad year, it was not the worst in my life. The last 4 to 5 years in my life have been a complete mess.The years before Covid even worse. One of the reasons was that I lost my job long before Covid due to health issues (nearly runined my back after nearly 2 decades in production). In the meantime I had different short term jobs, which didn’t last long due to limited orders (connected to Covid) and the, nowadays sadly normal, exploitation of work force. The challenges in 2020 gave me the power and strengthened my will to walk towards better times.
Recently I got a call from a former employer who wanted to know if I was interested in coming back to the company (most of the work administrative stuff). I agreed and work will start at 04.01.2021. What I’ve learned is that it is not the worst thing to always expect a worst case scenario. This prevents from getting disappointed. Maybe 2021 will get better or maybe it’ll just be another punch in the face.
No matter what is going to happen, f***ing life will never defeat me. Death will for sure some day, but it will be hard work for the man in black with his reaping hook. :wink:
In the meantime I’m trying to enjoy life (which includes being part of this community).

1 Like

To me that was just another year more or less.

Positive:

1. EndeavourOS :rocket:

Negative:

1. My condolences goes to all people who have lost their relatives and friends.
    R.I.P.

2. I very much agree with what have been expressed earlier by @Kresimir

3. To me it was a year that defines how humanity will continue to “operate” in a long run, think of it as a big test, and i believe we have catastrophically failed that test, which is extremely sad.

I don’t wait or hope for anything better from that point for many decades to come - i prepare exactly for what we have planted seeds towards and that clearly won’t be happy garden of Eden.

3 Likes

2020 was hard on a lot of people and caused a lot of death and that is enough to mourn over for some time to come.

For me though, that corona virus has helped. The first stimulus check i used to buy a portable washer and dryer for my apartment. I hadn’t been to the laudrymat for 3 months and was deliberately avoiding it because it seemed like my biggest exposure risk and because people are always asking me for money. I was desperate for clean sheets and clothes. They are both still going strong. When the second check comes i’ll be using it to replace the bathroom door that i had removed and disassembled the doorway a bit. It used to be a 29 inch opening and someone altered it to make it a 24 inch opening because i guess the door was damaged and we dont have 29 inch doors anymore in our country. I have just enough room to hang a 30 inch barn style door and still be able to move my portable washer in and out of the bathroom on the wheeled platform i put it on so that it rolls over the hallway carpet. If we get the 2000$ check boost i will use it to purchase a cheap electric bike for transportation to and from church, store, and vet while staying off the public bus and train and away from closed spaces where i might could catch that virus. My uses aren’t everyone else’s use but i’m using the money as intended to help me cope with the restrictions and whatnot while getting needs met. Those covid payments are a huge blessing for me long after this virus passes. And like i have said, “social distancing: that’s my jam.” Everyone now gets a taste of my world. None like it much and I hope they don’t have to occupy my space for long. I rather liked the sparse population in it. Feels a bit overcrowded now.

5 Likes

:heart:
Edit: I just want to throw in some more love for that comment.
:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

3 Likes

Well, unfortunately, diabetes is a serious risk factor in people’s lives, I say this from experience, there is such a case in the family as well.

2 Likes

Man can be destroyed, but can never be defeated. Ernest Hemingway

3 Likes

2020 was really bad for me but their is some light Just after the covid lockdown I was diagnosed with throat Cancer to much alcohol and cigarettes even though i don’t drink or smoke for 16 years damage was done.
The good news is we are all well no Covid so far the Cancer hopefully is gone due to modern science and Laser surgery.
So i look forward to 2021 on a continued recovery.
I thank the British NHS, the fantastic doctors and nurses for their dedication, and now the Oxford vaccine for a game-changer, And of course being a free country once more.

4 Likes

Vive Italia !

1 Like

Good to hear that you are on your path of recovery. The urgency towards Covid kinda shadowed other ailments people were suffering from. Major hospitals in my city were accepting only covid patients. Patients suffering from other disease were having a very tough time finding doctors or hospital beds.

Big respect for the healthcare workers who have worked hard all this year. :pray: I am not a fan of private hospitals working to charge big fees and mint money. But I’ve always had respect for doctors and nurses.

2 Likes