Hiding panel no matter what

Hi there,

The panel is hiding any time I hover my mouse over it, no matter what behaviour I choose in its Settings. I experienced that also in live mode.
Strangely, If I click on default spot where it supposed to be the right menu appears, is this normal behaviour in EndevourOS?

Thanks

Hi, !

Standard panel setting is not set standard as hiding. And if it was hiding and you go where the panel is, it wil switch to up to show the panel if it was hiding.

If you go to configuration and go to window manager preferences, try to switch of the composition. Does it make a difference ? (for feedback)

“…And if it was hiding and you go where the panel is, it wil switch to up to show the panel if it was hiding.”

• Yeah, that’s normal behaviour of any distro, that’s why I’m surprised.

"…try to switch of the composition. Does it make a difference ? "

• Yes, it does after switching off the Composition, but now I have to accept the limitation of it, for instance not having a transparent panel background and shadows under windows.

if you go to xfce4-settings and select panel configuration ( or right click on panel preferences)

choose second tab, appearence ? and it is customized on a color, select system style.

standard system is arc-darker should not have those then. xfwm in composition showed some bug but cant tell, i like greybird as example, i do not want to transpercy the panel a bit it show transperant. arc-darker does not do it standard. select system standard probably it help a bit if it select to composition. and window shadows can be deselected in windows manager preferences too.

When Xfce in Arch was updated to 4.14, I hit some strange behaviour using the Xfce compositor. As an experiment, I installed compton and and use it instead - seems a lot more stable then the native Xfce compositor.

I found a tutorial on using it in the Manjaro wiki. I’ve since modified the setup to suit myself, but it gave me a good start. It might be worth trying if you have to turn off the native compositor to get the results you expect.

1 Like