Hi, I'm a new to EOS

Hi all, although I’m new to EOS, I’ve been using Linux since around the year 2000. For the last 5 years or so I’ve used Kubuntu on my primary machine, but I’ve been recently discouraged by their extensive use of snap packages. I’ve always fancied Arch, and have installed it a couple of times on secondary machines; with Arch I feel I have the capability but not the time. I’ve now found Endeavour OS and have been using it for a few months. For me there’s no looking back, this is an easy to maintain and robust OS, with the benefits of up-to-date packages and the AUR. As for desktop environment, it will always be KDE/Plasma for me, and the fact that EOS is on the cutting edge with Plasma 6 is a massive bonus. Thank you to the EOS maintainers for a great OS.

10 Likes

Hi and welcome to the forum @Guzlr

4 Likes

Welcome to the purple side and the best Linux distro! :enos: :enos_flag: yeah and the best community!

5 Likes

Welcome to the community! :enos_flag:

4 Likes

Welcome aboard! :rocketa_purple:

4 Likes

Welcome to the best distro and best community :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Welcome to the dark side, there is no going back. :wave:

4 Likes

Welcome to the :enos:-Forum @Guzlr! Enjoy your purple ride :rocketa_purple:

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum @Guzlr :enos_flag:

3 Likes

Welcome aboard, @Guzlr! :enos: :enos_flag:

3 Likes

I couldn’t said it any better. Welcome to the community!

6 Likes

welcome to the community Guzlr! enjoy your stay

3 Likes

Welcome @Guzlr and @Zodev1221 :wave:

4 Likes

Welcome, @Zodev1221! :enos:

4 Likes

Welcome @Guzlr and @Zodev1221 indeed!
And yeah, I feel exactly like @Guzlr too, well said, I might just add AND IT IS PURPLE :star_struck: :heart_eyes: :purple_heart: :purple_heart: :purple_heart:

:enos: :enos_flag: :penguin_face: :rocketa_purple:

2 Likes

:+1: the over-reliance on, and prominence of, canonical snaps always made me feel uneasy in principle; it’s hard to explain, and has always kept me from that side. I understand. welcome to eos.

2 Likes

Teamwork GIF - Teamwork GIFs

8 Likes

Me too. That’s how I came to the “then less than two year old” EndeavourOS distro. I wanted something newer than Kubuntu (even more relevant now that Kubuntu 24.04 is stuck on Plasma 5.27), closer to stock KDE Plasma, without the insistence on snaps, and without Kubuntu and Ubuntu Studio (which since 20.10 uses KDE Plasma) and their seeming instability compared to even Arch with KDE Plasma.

Welcome to the forum @Guzlr and I hope you learn more about your system with this Endeavour! :joy: :enos_flag: :enos:

3 Likes

Welcome @Guzlr

3 Likes

Welcome @Guzlr - enjoy your stay with EOS and its community.

Have fun.

3 Likes