Hi All from EOS Community

Hi All,

Living in Australia here,71 years old. I have been using linux for over 22 years. First tried to install slackware but that was a disaster. Then used SUSE for a few years. Moved to Red Hat then Ubuntu. For the last few years I have been used Manjaro. I have been looking for a lighter distribution and installed EOS i3WM this week. So far so good.

Looking forward to explore this OS and to be part of its great community.

20 Likes

Welcome to the community! I hope you enjoy your time here.

1 Like

Welcome, enjoy your journey! :rocket:
:enos:

2 Likes

Welcome!!

2 Likes

Welcome ! :+1:

2 Likes

Welcome @tongri to your EndeavourOS journey :rocketa_purple:

2 Likes

Welcome!

2 Likes

Welcome!

:wave: :wave: :wave:

3 Likes

another one :yum:
welcome and give feedback on i3 setup, it is way not perfect, but getting popular currently.

2 Likes

@tongri welcome aboard! @joekamprad is very modest. He has done a fantastic job setting up i3 in such a way that makes it much easier to pick up and transition from a traditional desktop to tiling window manager. The custom key binding to some may seem odd to a traditional wm user but for someone new coming from de’s they are much more intuitive then the defaults.

3 Likes

Welcome!

1 Like

Welcome to the fun :tada: :balloon:

1 Like

Welcome. And Linux for 22 years? That’s amazing. I remember even 15 years ago, Linux was . . . tough. You needed to be dedicated 20+ years ago to use this stuff.

These 'dern kids today don’t know what it was like.

Anyway, welcome, and we’re surely glad to have you around!

Cheers*

1 Like

Welcome to the forums @tongri :wave:

2 Likes

Welcome @tongri

Totally agree 100% what @Elloquin say , EOS i3 is nice very set up :+1: It right balance and clear enough for new or xp user to MOD if want

edit…
:pray: for x2 post :disappointed_relieved:

3 Likes

Welcome aboard, mate & set your sails firm! :+1:

1 Like

Welcome to your new home, a great distro and a really great community !

1 Like

Welcome @tongri
How are things in the land down under? Hope you are doing well! Stay strong! :muscle:

1 Like

that`s very nice to here as i do only get such feedback on youtube from wm users and exactly that was my intention on setting i3 up like that, as an more easy transition from traditional DE’s to get a softstart on using a WM only Environment.

5 Likes

I was surprised at first because I was trying to follow youtube tutorials and have never used i3 wm before. When setting up my .config file and tweaking my desktop I realized how easy it is. Plus I just discovered that you added a mini keyboard on the bottom tab that pops up the keybindings.

As a benchmark, it took me only one weekend to get to know this wm on EOS and one week literally working with it already.

Welcome @tongri !

3 Likes