Help with script for icon theme

Did it work ? could you install it ?
Do i need to run these commands inside the nmfnms-master folder ? something like this ?

set -x
--export-filename=.tmp.png

It completed successfully. I have 0 interest in applying the theme :-).
If you save the patch as a file and apply using git apply to your checkout of nmfnms
Then you can run generate_kde_icons.sh,
It generates a directory nmfnms with a whole bunch of images and index.theme
I guess you have to copy or install - I don’t know exactly what.

1 Like

which DE do you use ? did it show in your icon theme settings to use it ?
I still haven’t tried none of your commands, if you can and don’t mind please help me with a sequence of commands to run and successfully install it
Looks like there is a command for imagemagick to convert all icons at once on the directory and i have no ideia which command you used for this
Edit: Ok i think i see this folder it created:

┌─<ramon @ ramon-m61pmes2p in ~/.i/nmfnms-master>
└─<>──» cd nmfnms/                                                              0 < 12:49:07
┌─<ramon @ ramon-m61pmes2p in ~/.i/n/nmfnms>
└─<>──» ls                                                                      0 < 12:49:14
128x128/  16x16/  22x22/  32x32/  48x48/  64x64/  index.theme

The commands are in my previous post, except for the installation process.
The shortcut way of installing the theme would be to copy the generated nmfnms directory to .local/share/icons
for example I have BeautyLine installed, so when I run the find command as below

$ find .local -name index.theme 
.local/share/icons/BeautyLine/index.theme

I took a look inside nmfnms folder and noticed all icons have been converted to png but looks like the images are all shortcuts (not really sure if shortcuts but i noticed a little arrow icon on each icon) and they won’t open, will it work if i copy and paste to .local/share/icons ?

Just tried this, i could select and apply the icon theme but nothing changed, i think i’ll have to regenerate the icons, i should delete the nmfnms folder and try again.

Hmm… not sure how you copied… this worked for me

cp -aR nmfnms/ ~/.local/share/icons/

BTW I like colour, so these icons feel alien to me! :rofl:

I don’t know much about icons etc, but I do know shell script, git and how to search for files.

I used the file manager, didn’t need any permission, i think it failed because the icons generated are corrupted but i still don’t know how you successfully converted those icons or directory
I know something about git but not too much, i use git pull to update the file manager i use for example
Did you use a single command to convert all the icons ? can you leave the command here ?

I downloaded the repo manually and extracted the zip file so i am not sure if the git command will work
Is that git applycommand essential to successfully generate and convert the icons ?

Yes the patching is required for us, possibly because inkscape options have changed over time.
If you copy the patch I posted as file - lets say /tmp/nmfnms.diff then in the checkout directory, use the following command

git apply /tmp/nmfnms.diff

then

./generate_kde_icons.sh

and finally

cp -aR nmfnms/ ~/.local/share/icons/
1 Like

No i haven’t done this, i still don’t know how to do this
Is there a command that is going to do all this you are saying ?
I can run all the 3 commands you posted no problem, but looks like i need to run a specific command before running the 3 commands.

I am missing something, it’s not working:

┌─<ramon @ ramon-m61pmes2p in ~/n/nmfnms>
└─< (master)* >──» LANG=C diff --git a/generate_kde_icons.sh b/generate_kde_icons.sh           0 < 14:24:56
diff: unrecognized option '--git'
diff: Try 'diff --help' for more information.
└─< (master)* >──» LANG=C git apply /tmp/nmfnms.diff                                           2 < 14:25:15
error: can't open patch '/tmp/nmfnms.diff': No such file or directory
└─< (master)* >──»  

Is nmfnms.diff a file or directory ?

You have to read things and try to understand them rather than expecting a series of copy-paste commands. You asked for help with a script, not for someone to provide a prepared set of icons for you to install.

1 Like

I read and reread the commands but it’s still confusing to me

I think i got it right this time, let’s see …

I saved the patch as nmfnms.diff and placed it in /tmp
Wondering why i am getting these warning message.
Edit: It worked despite not having used the set -x or set -e command

If you edit the config file like i did for example setting a color for the icons it will generate a different folder name, in my case it generated a folder named nmfnms-545759

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.