Help with mounting a drive

Looks like everything worked properly. All drives mounted and Timeshift is acting normally. Thanks again!

Noted the bit about sudo mount -a.

Now to reroute my Steam library…

2 Likes

Yeah, we’re professionals.

scientist

3 Likes

Note that it is a bad practice to use mount -a for fstab checking. The recommended solution is findmnt --verify.

(c) man mount

:upside_down_face:

2 Likes

:eyes:

Could you please elaborate?

1 Like

I’ve quoted directly:

Read in -a description

1 Like

Didn’t find anything about “bad practice” ?

1 Like
       -a, --all
           Mount all filesystems (of the given types) mentioned in fstab (except for those whose line contains the noauto keyword). The filesystems are
           mounted following their order in fstab. The mount command compares filesystem source, target (and fs root for bind mount or btrfs) to detect
           already mounted filesystems. The kernel table with already mounted filesystems is cached during mount --all. This means that all duplicated
           fstab entries will be mounted.

The option --all is possible to use for remount operation too. In this case all filters (-t and -O) are applied to the table of already
           mounted filesystems.

Since version 2.35 is possible to use the command line option -o to alter mount options from fstab (see also --options-mode).

Note that it is a bad practice to use mount -a for fstab checking. The recommended solution is findmnt --verify.

Last one here

1 Like

Today I learnt:

1 Like

Right!
:mag_right:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.