Hello there

Been here since Antergos threw in the towel. Been lurking but finally decided to step out of the shadows and into the forums. Spent too much time learning btrfs and snapshots and refreshing my memory on luks and crypto now that I don’t have to fight with software riad0 and nvidia optimus (no more laptop yay); spent a full 24 hours slogging my way through Gentoo and Void Linux before I realized I’m too damn old and I just don’t care enough anymore to build everything myself. Installed Manjaro; recovered from the system shock from being slapped in the face from bloat (not really; I’m a minimalist) and came on here.

Truth be told I was having huge problems configuring Gnome 40 on Void. So I thought I’d come here and see if I can give back something to the community instead. Looking to get involved in the weeds for a while; hopefully.

21 Likes

Welcome (back).

4 Likes

Welcome back home, @TerrifiedBystander ! :enos_flag:

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum :partying_face: :tada: :balloon:

1 Like

2 Likes

Well, I think the right thing to say is welcome on the forum since you’ve been on the “purple side” for almost two years now.

4 Likes

hey TerrifiedBystander! It’s great to have you jump into the limelight (#jazz hands#) :slight_smile: I know that feeling of feeling you’re too old for some things, - I tend to take it in bites now, - but I’ve come to realise when I’m banging my head against a wall and take a step back. As long as we find our own way that fits, we never stop learning!

Enjoy the journey!

2 Likes

Welcome to the community :beers:

1 Like

Welcome!

1 Like

Welcome @TerrifiedBystander
May the purple light shine and guide you on your Endeavour!

1 Like

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

Does someone mind explaining the ‘purple side’ to me? I feel like I’m missing something.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum!

(note the color of everything Endeavour)

(And if you’re color blind, everything Endeavour themed is purple.)

1 Like

Ah; I assumed it was something deeper set than just the color here. Though I’m not against it - just wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing a trick.

Na, it’s really that simple haha.

4 Likes

Welcome

2 Likes

Welcome :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Welcome to the Forum!

3 Likes

Welcome :partying_face:

3 Likes