Hello (I'm back)

After my HP laptop gave up the ghost, it took me a little while to be able to get a new computer. Armed with a new Lenovo ThinkPad, I’m back. :smile: I got brave and single booted just EndeavourOS this time. First time for me with a Windows-less computer. Still stuck in my ways though, I kept with Xfce, despite the new, lovely net installer. :laughing:

8 Likes

Welcome back, don’t forget to install fwupdate for your firmware updates and have fun with your great Thinkpad. (In my eyes the best laptop line available.)

2 Likes

Welcome back, i learn more with EndeavourOS :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: that’s why i like it and in the first here you find best community to help you :ok_hand:

2 Likes

I am so far very happy with my new laptop. Glad to hear that someone else thinks I made a good choice too!

After checking out the package fwupdate and seeing that it’s not maintained, it appears that I’m looking for fwupd instead. Can you confirm?

1 Like

Sorry, I meant that one. I’m happy Thinkpad user for some years and this year I can purchase a new one but I’m waiting for the next gen. laptop Ryzen cpu that will be launched later this year.

4 Likes