Hello, I am a new EOS user.

I wanted to learn about Arch for a long time, but the installation gave me a headache, so I installed manjaro. Later I found that manjaro did not conform to Arch’s philosophy in many aspects. Later, it was also because the Arch derivative system installed by others was not easy to use, so I turned to EOS. Yesterday I decided to delete the system and installed Endeavor. It really feels close to the native Archlinux experience after using it. good!

4 Likes

Welcome @jaydenzeta. :wave:

2 Likes

Before installing EOS, you can configure the image source with just a click of the mouse. And during the installation process I can select the packages that need to be installed. There is basically no difference between pacman, AUR, yay, etc. and native Archlinux, which is really convenient.

I can say now that EndeavorOS is the best Arch Linux-based distribution, bar none.

5 Likes

Welcome to the :enos: Forum @jaydenzeta :enos_flag:

1 Like

Hello and welcome! :wave:

Welcome to the Purple Family @jaydenzeta ! :enos_flag: :enos:

Hi and Welcome to the forum @jaydenzeta

Welcome to the :enos:-Forum @jaydenzeta! Enjoy the purple ride :rocketa_purple:

2 Likes

Welcome @jaydenzeta :wave:

1 Like

welcome @jaydenzeta

Neofetch is abandoned, use fastfetch instead.

2 Likes

Welcome ! :rocketa_purple: :enos: :penguin_face::enos_flag:

Yeah I came from manjaro too, the philosophy thing i don’t really care about, For me the only thing that matters is how much I enjoy using it.

But manjaro started sliding in quality a couple years back (I believe around the time they crippled their mesa stack by cutting out codecs thus requiring users to download the arch mesa stack instead which wasn’t always compatible cuz manjaro’s usually roughly 1 release behind arch and so on… it was a hassle) along with some more little things.

To be honest I’ve been happier on Endeavour than i think i ever was on Manjaro, I really like it.

As for why not just plain arch, well, I used that first actually, I have no problems with thei nstallation. The reason I want something a little more complete is just so I have to spend a little less time on configuration after the installation process, installing arch really only takes a few minutes until you get to the configuration part of it :laughing:

1 Like

I am really used to using neofetch, but I later learned that it is no longer maintained. :cry:

Welcome @jaydenzeta
You have entered a different galaxy and landed in the purple universe! :wink:

Fastfetch=Neofetch but faster with a different name.

1 Like

Yes, indeed.

Some people (e.g. its foss) suggested to remove the Local IP, while upstream devs don’t think it’s necessary.

Hello, after spending this time, I am really amazed by EOS. To me, this is the best distro.
why?
Some time ago, I couldn’t stand the slowness and lag of Windows, so I decided to deploy dual systems on my laptop. At the beginning, I chose OpenSUSE, which is very stable, but for me, many of the software I need to adapt to the local environment are difficult to install. So I chose Kali Linux, but after installing it, I found that I didn’t need so many penetration testing needs. Those unnecessary software packages were like tasteless, tasteless and a pity to discard. So I started to choose Arch, but I felt that the installation of Arch was more inconvenient (even with archinstall), so I wanted to choose an Arch-like system for installation. Initially, I chose the Arch version packaged and configured by others. This version had many bugs. Later, I thought that I had used Manjaro before, because Manjaro’s packaging and update mechanism are later than Arch. In the end, I chose EOS and found that EOS is really the most suitable distribution for me, and the experience is almost the same as Arch. I really want to thank everyone who built EOS.