Hello from USA!

my name is John,

what is the best use for my Mac OS air 2015? as many Linux OS as issues with hardware and its sad that apple did not want to make newer OS for 2015 :\

I have tried lot but everything seems to be good but hardware for wi-fi as well FaceTime HD

also did anyone know anything about how we can make iMessage as well FaceTime to linux yet?

Welcome to :enos: forums!!
:enos_flag: :rocketa_purple:

I did some research on getting iMessage working on my windows computer but you need MacOS running somewhere either on hardware or a virtual machine for those solutions to work and it was not worth it for me.
I didn’t find anything to suggest that a solution existed for linux

ah not sure if anyone knew, that macOS using freeBSD, so there as to be a way to get XMAPP or something like that to work with it…

you think this OS will run with my specs of

Model Name:	MacBook Air
  Model Identifier:	MacBookAir7,1
  Processor Name:	Dual-Core Intel Core i5
  Processor Speed:	1.6 GHz
  Number of Processors:	1
  Total Number of Cores:	2
  L2 Cache (per Core):	256 KB
  L3 Cache:	3 MB
  Hyper-Threading Technology:	Enabled
  Memory:	4 GB

Yes, it should run without issues. I would suggest using lighter desktop environments or window managers for limited hardware.

2 Likes

Welcome! It will run fine, with plasma you’ll probably be using 650~mb of ram so that’s okay.
The only thing is, you’ll need to tinker around with HW acceleration in browsers (like chrome,brave) otherwise youtube might lag in fhd with that cpu and it will drain battery much faster.

1 Like

I just wanted to ask in case :smiley: thanks for the warm welcomes

I think it should work on EndeavourOS.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Laptop/Apple

Welcome to the forum @hzm120 :enos: :enos_flag: :partying_face:

ty ty, for having me!

one more question or maybe two lmao

is there a such thing a “Linux calculator with auto location” like on how we use it on apple osx where u enter in the location and then send invite to that person? sorry for the dumb questions

also iam not sure if anyone knew about the sleep mode does not work on macs… it just force to freeze up

Did you make a swap partition? It is needed for sleep and hibernate. If not, make one.

Yep there is one, using 8G file space

try with this kernel parameter i915.enable_rc6=0
it disables the gpu power saving

where would i put that at as i don’t see no settings on my end or config ? new to arch,

If you’re using grub then when you boot your PC you’ll be asked to boot normal or fallback or else right? on the first option (normal boot) press E for edit and add that parameter at the end of the string. Then boot with that (it’s won’t be permanent, just for that one boot)