Hello from short-bike

Just a quick hello and brief intro. Live in St. Petersburg, FL.Coming here from a lengthy background in Unix (SCO) and Linux (RedHat, CentOS & Fedora). Looking forward to meeting with you and contributing in some way, if possible.
Phil

10 Likes

Welcome to EndeavourOs :pray: Hope you enjoy purple side of Arch :vulcan_salute:

5 Likes

Yello! :partying_face:

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum!

2 Likes

Welcome! Remember to drink at least 8 glasses of water every day! :frog:

5 Likes

Welcome! Enjoy your time here!

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum @short-bike :tada::balloon:

3 Likes

Welcome @short-bike!

2 Likes

Hey, good to have you with us… it’s nice to see some more “old-timers” coming through! The days of Unix were a bygone era, it still confounds me how far we’ve come in such a (relatively) short space of time… I still remember fun times with elm, trn, ytalk, and the joys of tcsh… :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Welcome! Florida is great. It could be my next location.

2 Likes

Thank you :grinning:
You are right - it has been a fast moving roller coaster ride, certainly since the 80’s. But fun as well.
Right now I am just taking a curosy glace at the OS - new releases always intrigue me. Some get dropped quickly, others I like to delve into. This being Arch based (I have zero history with Arch BTW) looks interesting.
And again, thank you for the welcome.

Thank you for the welcome. I am not clear yet on how I can contribute but hopefully time will reveal a niche where I can be useful.
Thank you again.
Phil

1 Like

Thank you. FYI - Florida is great, right up to the start of hurricane season, then it’s not so great :slight_smile:
Phil.

I’ve lived thru several. I was in New York area when Sandy crushed us and we had to Ferry across to Brooklyn because the subway flooded.

And I’ve had power lines in my yard a couple if times. I actually really enjoy a week or two without electricity and phones. Life is easier without all that nonsense.

The wind and stuff doesn’t bother me much though.

Welcome to the forum @short-bike and enjoy the race today in St. Petersburg, FL. I know I will be.

1 Like