Hello from Ohio

Hello fellow space travelers! I am very excited to begin this new journey into the world of Arch based distros. This has been something I have thought about for years lol.

always had a fascination with Linux and been a long time Debian user, my flavors were always Linux mint or Ubuntu. I finally took the leap into Arch based distros starting with Manjaro and now using Endeavour ( beautiful out of the box xfce theme! ).

I also tried to force myself to love Gnome3 but my body refused it lol. KDE also seemed to just be too fluffy and convulated for me. I like somewhere in between minamalist and Cinnamon type distros so I am settling on XFCE for now. Loving it!

Hope I can help other newbies on here once I get more knowledge.

Take care!

13 Likes

Welcome to the forum! :wave: :enos_flag:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Good going, you’re on the right path :wink:

3 Likes

Bienvenido @dONNIE.

Yo también soy un usuario nuevo de Arch.
He usado Linux Mint, Ubuntu Budgie y GeckoLinux.

De alli mi gusto por los escritorios Cinnamon y Budgie.

Saludos desde Guatemala.

3 Likes

Welcome to the fun @dONNIE :partying_face: :tada: :balloon:

4 Likes

Welcome, have fun! :partying_face:

4 Likes

Welcome¬ Enjoy your time!

3 Likes

welcome to beginning your real Arch journey :wink: :innocent: Happy you pick Purple side :vulcan_salute:

4 Likes

Welcome to the community :beers:

3 Likes

Me too!

And welcome to this forum and this community. Lets do this journey together. :smiley: :rocket:

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum!

1 Like

Hey dONNIE, good to have you with us. I know that feeling with Gnome3, I loved Gnome2 and still have a soft spot for Mate, but I keep falling back to KDE, although XFCE’s a very close second. There’s something deeply satisfying about how no-nonsense XFCE is, - choice is a wonderful thing… :slight_smile: Enjoy the journey!

3 Likes