Hello From India

Hi all,

Thank you so much for providing such an awesome operating system. I am a simple and average user of Linux who doesn’t know much of technical stuff. I use computer mainly for watching sports, movies, music and communication.

I switched to Linux in 2009 after windows broke down not for my own fault but because my friend had connected his USB drive to my computer and the computer subsequently refused to work. I have used Linux solely as my only OS since 2009. After trying out a few distros I was mainly on Mint from 2009 to 2018 but switched to Manjora once Mint dropped KDE version. Recently moved to Endeavour after finding some issues with Manjaro . I found Endeavour faster and lighter than Manjaro.

Glad to find this forum and most topics and conversations are very fun to read.

9 Likes

Welcome aboard!
honka_animated-128px-41

Running :enos: might be somewhat more challenging than Mint at first, but once you’ll get hang of it - you’ll never go back! :rocket:

So, don’t hesitate to ask for help, if you still need it after Manjaro :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Greetings from India, EOS community is by far great, friendly and warm community i have ever seen. EOS is not for faint hearted. You can expect something to break sooner or later but with your experience and community here, those small inconveniences could be easily overcome.

4 Likes

hello/namaste @Morgoth,

welcome to the purple universe :enos: :enos_flag: :penguin_face: :rocketa_purple:

how similar the stories are :laughing:
also wandered through the distroversum, from ubuntu, mint,… manjaro to arch. But suddenly I saw a purple light that magically attracted me. I’ve been here ever since :purple_heart:

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum!
ComplicatedWildKitten-small

1 Like

@Morgoth

welcome on Endeavour OS. I used Manjaro too for 3 whole Years from 2017 until 2020. There are alot of Arch based distros one without Systemd is Artix I used it for 7 monts i believe …

Have fun and enjoy the violet Universe

:vulcan_salute:

1 Like

Hi

1 Like

Welcome :grin: purple force be with you

2009 That’s a long time. You will be able to learn a lot on an arch based distro like eos!

1 Like

Welcome @Morgoth

1 Like
2 Likes

Welcome to the forum @Morgoth :enos: :enos_flag: :partying_face:

1 Like

Welcome!

So what is the issue with Manjaro and how did EoS solve it? (if you don’t mind)

1 Like

Thanks Chromian and every one for your warm welcome.

The main issue that I was facing with Manjaro was long boot-time, which I had tried to address but had failed to do so. Never faced the same with Endeavour which is very fast and also it feels very light and comfortable to work with even when I have 50 tabs open on Firefox along with other apps.

1 Like

I do agree FF is fast but sometimes Chrome/ungoogled-chromium loads things faster. With every new release both getting better at loadtime & CPU usage, it’s just a matter of time,

I choose FF/LibreWolf as it’s more customizable & most importantly they show License for each of their add-ons, which shows their transparency & in a way promotes FOSS.

uBlock Origin on Chrome store

uBlock Origin on FF store

Hello @Morgoth :wave:.

Nice to meet you.

Wanted to note here that @flyingcakes is one of the contributor to EOS and is from India.

1 Like