Hello from Illinois

Hello from northern Illinois! Have been a Linux user for 15 years, professionally and personally (except gaming machine). Just got a new personal laptop, took the windows nvme out and placed on a shelf, and put in a bigger disk running Linux as only OS. Had been using Manjaro/Gnome3 for a few years. I did the old distro-hopping again for over a week, installing all sorts of distros/DE’s. I landed on EndeavourOS/Gnome 3 after all that lmao. I do like EndeavourOS better than Manjaro. Glad to be here, thanks!

10 Likes

Hello @deonild, welcome to the best community. Have a nice stay. :enos: :wave:

4 Likes

Welcome to :enos: forums. Hope you enjoy your new Endeavour.

5 Likes

Welcome to the forums!

4 Likes

Welcome to the Purple Neighborhood! :enos_flag: :enos: :rocketa_purple:

5 Likes

Thanks for giving EndeavourOS a try, and welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy your time here.

I am originally from Northern Illinois (Seneca), but moved to Colorado 31 years ago in order to keep my job with AT&T.

Pudge

4 Likes

Welcome aboard! I use EndeavourOS Gnome myself, so nice to finally not be the only one! Just kidding of course, but hope you enjoy using Gnome here just as much as I do :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Welcome @deonild

3 Likes

Welcome to :enos: forums and hope you enjoy your stay here!!

3 Likes

welcome! I also came from Manjaro and I agree. Plus on this forum you can actually say whatever it is you want without your post being removed.

:enos_flag:

3 Likes

Hello and welcome! :hugs: :enos_flag:

2 Likes

Welcome! Glad to have you! What’s the new laptop??

Pardon my ignorance . . . what is Gnome 3? Cinnamon/XFCE? I never used Gnome really at all whatsoever before 40. . . I didn’t know a Gnome 3 still existed.

1 Like

Hi deonild, welcome to the forum. :enos: :enos_flag:

2 Likes

welcome and enjoy your stay here

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum @deonild :enos: :enos_flag: :partying_face: :tada: :balloon:

2 Likes

Are you kiddin’ me? Never heard of Gnome 3.38? I think he just calls Gnome 40 or 41 also Gnome 3. And please pardon my ignorance, I thought the newest Gnome was named 3.41 and didn’t notice Gnome 40 started a new versioning scheme.

Edit: And welcome to the forum @deonild (where are my manners?? :roll_eyes:)

1 Like

Ah yea looks like gnome is no longer “gnome 3” just gnome! Running on a lenovo 9i, everything installed flawlessly on arch based systems. Some other distros needed tweaking to get trackpad sensitivity usable.
Thanks for the warm welcome!

Welcome to the forum, Illinois-man!

2 Likes

Welcome to the community :beers:

1 Like

You also dodged a bullet with the crazy property and sales tax along with gas prices that punch you in the gut lol