Hello from Brittany

Hello,

I’m French (from Brittany, near Brest), and a new user of EndeavourOS.

I’m distro-hopping since the mid-90’s, and it’s the first time I’m using an Arch-based distro for more than a few hours (for some reasons, I’ve found Manjaro confusing).
I’ve been using Bunsenlabs and SolydX earlier this year, for examples, and have tested weird stuff such as Clear Linux*.
Distros I’ve loved include SolusOS, Debian+Budgie and Puppy Linux(es).
My first linux was Caldera, back when it came out (1997).

Otherwise, on my computer I’m a player of old-school FPS’s such as Doom & Quake, and I also love roguelikes (Nethack, Te4…) & silly hack’n’slash (Torchlight, Transcendence…).
I also like to read comics and play/create role-playing games.

I write decent English, I also know some Breton and Toki Pona.

16 Likes

Welcome to the forum!

5 Likes

Hi :wave:
Welcome to the forum :rocket:
Solus was the distro I used before jumping on to Endeavour. Liked it in some ways, and the Solus blog is still the first pinned website on my browser new tab page.

4 Likes

Budgie is my favourite Desktop, but for a few reasons the version in EndeavourOS felt too “bloated” to me (too many tools from GNOME, some of them difficult to remove without crashing other stuff).

I’ve switched to good old MATE. Less sexy, but very clean and lightweight.

3 Likes

Welcome to the community :beers:

3 Likes

Budgie is best experienced with Solus. They have polished it really well. One of the best default desktops I have seen on a distro. Its elegant, and doesn’t feel bloated.

Budgie, for all practical purposes, feels like a different implementation of Gnome to me. (which it absolutely isn’t) Here’s a tip : if you want to use Budgie on a distro that isn’t Solus, then manually install the Budgie package from whichever package manager the distro comes with. It will be much lighter.

3 Likes

First things I’ve installed on my Antergos System : AlephOne + the Marathon trilogy

Such an easy task compared to other distros !
(I’ve always failed on Debian-based ones, I had some success on Mageia…)

1 Like

I totally agree with this. Solus has the best Budgie version. I really like the way they have it set up and i like being able to have icons on the desktop if i want.

2 Likes

bienvenu sur forum voisin

3 Likes

Hi! Good to have you with us :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Welcome!

3 Likes

welcome to the forum!

3 Likes

Welcome @soner_du

3 Likes

Welcome to purple side

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum @soner_du :partying_face: :tada: :balloon:

3 Likes

Welcome aboard.

3 Likes

Welcome @soner_du to the forum.

2 Likes

Welcome to this awesome forum and distro. Hope you have fun. I have also recently just started using EndeavourOS (love it)

3 Likes

Welcome! We’re here if you have any questions.

Cheers.

4 Likes

Bonjour @soner_du , profil à peu prés équivallent & assez proches !
Je suis pas loin de Carhaix…
J’ai un peu zappé Endeavour, Garuda &co et reviens à mes anciennes zamours
Bluestar, au moins c’est pas trop US et pas trop prise de tête !
J’en ai fait un max de distros, avec +/- de bonheur…
Suis pas vraiment gamer, ram 4~16gb, SSD, 3 ordis, celui ci et un avec Deb11, un autre avec MX…KDE les 3. Que des retappés avec vga, je date !
Au plaisir
Fred

2 Likes