Hello from a Linux user

I’ve become a Linux user, first out of long ranging disappointments with MS-Windows over so many years, then later MacOS, which I still like to use, mostly on older, out-of-service machines (without any update-service).

Software computing has been a passion, and partly a job over many years. Alongside, music and arts are what I love.

Mainly retired from the rat-race nowadays.

Learned (and still love) to dive deeper into Arch Linux, which to me is THE most favorable linux distribution, compared to all other systems I’ve come upon. Not at last, because of their (Arch Linux’) precisely detailed documentation, which seems absolutely fool-proof to me.

Think I never learned as much about Linux, as when installing Arch Linux for the first time, myself.

And then…
EOS came to me, one and a half years ago (or so).

I personally think EOS is the greatest distro, ever!

CHEERS, ivanhoe.

16 Likes

Welcome :slight_smile:

1 Like

@ivanhoe, welcome to our friendly community!

1 Like

Welcome mate

1 Like

How do you know he/she/it (not sure how this works) is using Mate? :rofl: I think I already made that joke in some point in time.

Welcome to the forum!

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum @ivanhoe :enos_flag: :enos: :partying_face: :tada:

1 Like

I call everyone mate, it’s all in the tone

2 Likes

Welcome, @ivanhoe !

I still remember that young australian lady some 30 years ago, telling me that she will go out with her mates tonight.
It took me some minutes to understand that she only was talking about other ladies …
:see_no_evil:

1 Like

Welcome!

1 Like

@smokey that reminds me of an experience many years back in Melbourne, (down south) when I was in my stomping ground on a Saturday night out with the boys in my 59 Chev Belair, when we were pulled over by the police. I was pretty sassy in those days, and said “g’day mate” to the officer. He looked at me hard and long as if studying me, and said “Do I know you?” To which I nervously replied “errr, no”. After what seemed an eternity of him staring me down, he said, “you are no friend of mine, so don’t call me mate”, to which I promptly replied, yes sir!" and he let me go.

Back in those days, I called everyone mate. Yep, it’s all in the tone :wink:

2 Likes

Herzlich Willkommen bei EOS Forum!

There’s a vibrant German subforum here also, and I wouldn’t be surprised if one day we rival Manjaro be number of users in the DACH region. :grinning:

1 Like

Yer there are a few words that depending on who you say them too also changes the meaning.

1 Like

Welcome @ivanhoe

:wolf:

1 Like