Hello from a linux user with no linux knowledge!

I’ve been using Manjaro for my DD for about a year now. It’s fine, but I haven’t really done anything too ‘linuxy’ with it. I mostly use my computer for gaming and web development.

Anyway, I was looking at trying a new DE ( I use KDE on Manjaro ) and somehow landed on Endeavour’s website. It struck me that the project seems focused on making a newbie friendly, terminal-centric distro. It just seemed perfect for me and my goal of actually learning how to do ‘linuxy’ things on my linux machine :laughing:

I saw how open & friendly these forums were and I was sold! I look forward to this next step in my linux journey, and I hope I don’t become too much of a bother with all the newbie questions :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

16 Likes

Hello back at you from a 19 yr veteran Linux user with almost no Linux knowledge. After my many years of exp I now know how to ask the dumbest of all questions. Yay me.

2 Likes

Welcome!

Please feel free to ask any questions you need to. We can help you get moving in the right direction.

2 Likes

Welcome aboard!!

1 Like

Welcome to the fountain of some knowledge but always plenty of enthusiasm! :grin:

1 Like

Yep.

EOS installs a minimalistic vanilla Arch system and you customize it however you wish, thus learning along the way.

All the gui centric tools that distros like Manjaro push are available in the AUR, but if learning is your goal better to stick to the terminal as much as possible … pacman + AUR helper. Most use yay for this, I prefer trizen, but hey basically do the same thing.

When starting out the Arch Wiki, Virtualbox and a reliable system backup/restore process are your best friends … alongside a helpful community.

3 Likes

Welcome to the fun :partying_face: :tada:

1 Like

Welcome onboard! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome to your new journey! :rocket: :enos_flag:

1 Like

Welcome here, you’ll found many answers and a great community.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum! :partying_face:
You will find many helpful people here and a good linux distro experience. “No Linux knowledge” doesn’t matter. I was also linux-illiterate when I joined here. We keep learning new things everyday.

Good luck in your endeavours! :rocketa_purple: :enos:

1 Like

I second that. :slight_smile:

1 Like