Hello EndeavourOS

While I am new to EndeavourOS, I am hardly new to Linux. Been using it since kernel 0.9x and have used FreeBSD as my desktop too. I am impressed by this distribution and will be staying for a while. Kind of the best of both worlds without some of the pains. While I can setup just about anything, I am too old to actually want to. LOL. Happy New Year’s to all.

19 Likes

Welcome aboard!

2 Likes

Welcome to the forums @rkyrk :wave:

2 Likes

Welcome aboard! Happy New Year!

2 Likes

Welcome! :partying_face: :rocket:
What a lovely experience you had :upside_down_face:

While I can setup just about anything, I am too old to actually want to.

I think that was my first words :rofl:

Just wonder, how would you summarize your experience with FreeBSD? :blowfish:

P.S. Oh and yeah, happy new year! :partying_face:

2 Likes

Welcome! It’s nice to have you here.

2 Likes

FreeBSD is a great operating system. I think it would actually be better than Linux if they had the same desktop “muscle” behind it. That being said, they (FreeBSD) is more server based but, my experience on the desktop has been mixed. Works fine, however, the resource usage and the heat problems outweigh the use of Linux. I do like the concept of it being an all encompassing OS and not just a kernel. I use it for my NAS systems and servers but need something a bit more desktop centric on my laptop.

3 Likes

Still holding my breath for GNU/Hurd. :nauseated_face:

2 Likes

I think that is a pipe dream that I or possibly you will never see. I would love it though.

2 Likes

It will happen, have faith! Any decade now! And it will be glorious, and we’ll finally get rid of Linux. :frog:

2 Likes

I think you need to revise your statement from decades to lifetimes. LOL.

1 Like

Title text: One of the survivors, poking around in the ruins with the point of a spear, uncovers a singed photo of Richard Stallman. They stare in silence. “This,” one of them finally says, “This is a man who BELIEVED in something.”

6 Likes

Exactly!! How many of the most promising (insert a system here) have we been patiently waiting for?

Welcome to the fun :partying_face: :tada: :balloon:

1 Like

Welcome to this great distro and community

1 Like

Welcome to the old Linux retiree cruise ship :older_man: :ship:

5 Likes

Welcome and have fun! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

welcome rkyrk! :slightly_smiling_face: :wave:

1 Like

Welcome @rkyrk

1 Like