Headphone volume too loud

Is this the right device? Ya it say’s windows.

Edit: Funny it say’s they increased the volume? :thinking:

That is the correct device. Same model number. I’ll update it through Windows later today and report back on the results. I think its unlikely to fix the issue. I don’t mind using the workaround I am currently using, just always having the fear I’ll blow my ear drums out with how loud it is when coming off mute.

You may also be able to use amixer to set the volume control lower on the device. I think you can set it in percentages. Not sure this is helpful or not.

Have a look at the man page.

DESCRIPTION
amixer allows command-line control of the mixer for the ALSA soundcard driver. amixer
supports multiple soundcards.

amixer with no arguments will display the current mixer settings for the default soundcard
   and device. This is a good way to see a list of the simple mixer controls you can use.

man amixer

Checked the firmware and I was already on the latest version. I will give amixer a look.

1 Like

I was also going to suggest you could get a separate volume attenuator for the headphones such as the Koss 155954 VC20

31c6iYdpEDL.AC

Thanks for all the help. Just want to add that I have determined this is not a Linux specific issue. I used the same hardware setup on a Windows machine and same behavior.

Did you also check the headphones for any update also?

Yes. I am on the latest firmware